URL without file name extension with Apache

URL without file name extension with Apache

Post by Christian Ottossso » Fri, 31 Dec 1999 04:00:00

Hi,

To make my URLs really persistent I want to use the file names without
the file name extension in the URLs. The file "foo.html" in my home
directory should have the URL "http://server/foo", instead of
"http://server/foo.html". If I later on call my file "foo.php3" (to let
the Apache server know how to handle it) I still want the URL to be the
same, "http://server/foo". Right now I want this to work for ".html",
".shtml" and ".php3" extensions on an Apache server

The issue is discussed more thorough on
http://www.w3.org/Provider/Style/URI

Please, tell me how to do it!

--
Christian Ottosson
http://www.f.kth.se/~f95-cot/

1. extracting file name without extension

hi

i would like to use sed to extract a group of files with extensions
like

test.txt
test1.atxt
test2.txtsh

i only want to extract filename with the .txt extension. In the above,
the word "test" would be what i want (not "test.txt")

i tried to use this but doesn't work...

for file in `ls -1 *.txt |sed -e 's/.*\.log$//'
do
done

any help woiuld be appreciateed..

thanks..

2. where to get vgetty?

3. URLs Without Filename Extensions?

4. SIGIO generation on AIX 3.2 RS6000

5. Custom file extensions with Apache/frontpage98 extensions

6. NEO-LUG First Meeting

7. Apache 1.2.5, error 301, concerning URL without "/" at the end

8. set up old tape drive

9. URL without an ending slash in Apache

10. Replace Browser Short-URL with Full-Name-URL

11. Apache & FrontPage without M$ extension

12. RHL7.0 and PHP4: Apache config file problem: file extensions

13. (Apache) Script without extension