Forgive my ignorance, but is it possible to allow users to
execute cgi scripts in their ~user/ directories? Last time
I tried it wasn't possible. I am running a CERN Server.
You didn't tell what you tried and why it failed.Quote:> Forgive my ignorance, but is it possible to allow users to
> execute cgi scripts in their ~user/ directories? Last time
> I tried it wasn't possible. I am running a CERN Server.
Exec /~edebruin/cgi-bin/* /home/edebruin/cgi-bin/*
>>> Forgive my ignorance, but is it possible to allow users to
>>> execute cgi scripts in their ~user/ directories? Last time
>>> I tried it wasn't possible. I am running a CERN Server.
>>Anyway, try this:
>> Exec /~edebruin/cgi-bin/* /home/edebruin/cgi-bin/*
>Cern 3.0 doesn't have this capability. You can get the same result by
>using the trick that UUNet seems to use. Write a CGI program which
>ALL cgi users must call. Its extended path info gives the name of the
>ACTUAL cgi that is to be run, along with any other path info the cgi
>needs. Your new cgi just does a cd to the right directory, fudges the
>PATH_INFO variable to look as if the user's cgi was called directly
>and voila it works! You will probably need to mess with user ids
>(suid,sgid) also so that your cgi can get access to the user's
>directory etc, but this is all straightforward "C" or even Perl
>programming (don't use Perl for this, it makes things way slow, trust
>me). I don't have the source for something like this or I would post
>it, but ask around, it has been done at least once.
1. allowing cgi scripts in user dir's
with apache 1.3.x i have noticed that all cgi scripts can only be run in the ScriptAlias directory. How can apache be reconfigured to allow users to run cgi scripts in their own directory (where ever they would like, ie root, cgi-bin/, cgi_bin/, what ever).
2. Translate Postscript to man?
3. after changing a user's home dir, cd ~user in ksh still use old dir
4. "mapping drives" to remote systems
5. CERN httpd & user CGI scripts
7. Must cgi scripts be r_x to the server's user?
9. How to get a perl cgi script to execute from a users pub_html dir?
10. CERN server and cacheing output from CGI script
11. cern server: post type cgi scripts: obscure problem (help)
12. Creating some identical files/dir's in all users dir's
13. Error 403 after calling a CGI Script (Cern Server)