Need source for NSCA httpd_1.3

Post by Marc Slemk » Thu, 20 Aug 1998 04:00:00

>I have been looking through archie at all ftp sites possible to find an old
>version of the NCSA web server (httpd_1.3).  If anyone has source files for
>that server, would you be so kind as to lead me to them.  I am working on a
>software library known as MORE, it seems pretty cool.  It uses Oracle, Sunos,
>gcc, and httpd_1.3.  I need the .h files specifically.  I gotta see whats
>going on so that I can make the necessary mods to use apache.  Thanks in
>advance.

MetaCrawler[0] (http://www.metacrawler.com/) can find a few
locations if you search for httpd_1.3.

eg. http://hpe25.inima.al/ftp/sources/httpd/

[0] shameless plug

I've just ploughed through the entirety of misc,hardware and setup, to no
avail;  I installed Linux from the sbpcd boot disk (as I have a Panasonic
CD-ROM drive hanging off a SoundBlaster-compat. card), and the CD-ROM drive
chugged away happily to give me the OS.  However, my concerns about the size of
everything I was prompted to install made me decide NOT to install the linux
source.

Now, when I boot up the CD drive cannot be mounted because of 'wrong fs, blah
blah, or other error'.  I interrogated sbpcd.h (I *did* install the includes)
and the setup was incorrect.  Because I can't mount the CD drive I can't get
the source off the CD - re-booting off the boot disk (sbpcd) and trying a
reinstall  from the CD using setup gives a warning that the CD drive can't be
mounted.

Should I delete the linux partition and start from scratch again?  I do really
need to access the CD drive, and I realise now that it is kind of useful to
have the OS source.

Apart from that, it's great having a proper OS on my PC at last!

John

2. Adaptec 2940 SCSI - Supported?

3. nsca httpd server need to configure users for ~user resolve...

4. DHCP and gethostbyname

5. URGENT: Sources need for comp.sources.reviewed

6. What tools do I need to limit bandwidth usage?

7. Q:NCSA's httpd_1.4.2 break on 8-bit input using METHOD=GET

8. Modifying a shared text file...

9. Error running httpd_1.5a on hpux v9.05

10. httpd_1.5 error msg: No file matching URL:

11. gif files cutoff in httpd_1.4.2

12. .htaccess pbm: NCSA httpd_1.5.2a

13. NCSA httpd_1.4.2 following index.html symlink