how to rewrite an request header in Apache?

how to rewrite an request header in Apache?

Post by f.. » Fri, 03 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Hi,

Is there a way to rewrite headers in a request?

In one instance, we need replace the name of a header with something
else.

In another instance, we need replace the value of a header with
something else.

Thanks

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

how to rewrite an request header in Apache?

Post by Martin Sting » Sat, 04 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Quote:

> Hi,

> Is there a way to rewrite headers in a request?

If you are using Apache with mod_perl it is easy. You can
modify all header fields.

Using plain Apache you can write your own module using C if you prefer
it.

Bye,
Martin

--
Martin Stingl
Webmaster

1. Howto rewrite HTTP response headers with Apache?

I'm using Stronghold/ Apache as a proxy server and need to modify
"Set-Cookie:" in the Response header.

Does Stronghold/Apache allow for the  rewrite of HTTP *Response* headers?
If so, how?

The documentation seems to suggest that mod_rewrite is used only for HTTP
(including headers ) originating from a browser.

Thanks,
-Shreyas

Gates' Law: The speed of software halves every 18 months.

2. Question about PPP dial out and Dynamic IP addresses

3. Apache Rewrite Graphic Requests

4. Gateway Solo Notebook and sound

5. Apache: rewrite rules for hidden cgi to catch any unknown request

6. gcc 2.95 vs 3.21 performance

7. Apache Proxy: Filtering *request* headers

8. Exabyte versus DAT tape drives

9. log complete request header in apache 1.3?

10. how to view browser headers in requests to apache?

11. Apache request headers

12. Apache proxy inserts Date: header on FTP requests

13. Reading cookie info from http request header in Apache module