Need to find ASP solution that is not mod_perl

Need to find ASP solution that is not mod_perl

Post by Sean Coyl » Sun, 25 Feb 2001 05:29:57

Hey there!

    Does anyone happen to know why activescripting.org is down?  I have been
trying to get an ASP solution working, and I just found out yesterday that
rather than use mod_perl which seems to have problems, I can use OpenASP..
But I have been trying to access the site with no avail.

    If anyone has the most recent source tar PLEASE let me know  :)

---------
ActiveScripting Organization
OpenASP pages for non-Microsoft servers
www.activescripting.org
-------------

Thanx

Sean

Need to find ASP solution that is not mod_perl

Post by Dan Wilg » Sun, 25 Feb 2001 07:01:43

Quote:> Hey there!

>     Does anyone happen to know why activescripting.org is down?  I have been
> trying to get an ASP solution working, and I just found out yesterday that
> rather than use mod_perl which seems to have problems, I can use OpenASP..
> But I have been trying to access the site with no avail.

What problems does mod_perl have? I've been using it for years.

It's a totally different solution from ASP, though, and completely unrelated
to Perl (which is what this newsgroup is all about.)

--

** Remove the -MUNGE in my address to reply **

Post by Kelv » Sun, 25 Feb 2001 15:39:38

> >     Does anyone happen to know why activescripting.org is down?  I have
been
> > trying to get an ASP solution working, and I just found out yesterday
that
> > rather than use mod_perl which seems to have problems, I can use
OpenASP..
> > But I have been trying to access the site with no avail.

Sean,

OpenASP is still down, 6.28am GMT. If you can't wait for its return, you
could always give Chili!soft ASP (http://www.chilisoft.com/) or Halcyon
Instant ASP (http://www.halcyonsoft.com/) a try, although you'll have to
spend a few dollars later if you want to use them past demo versions.

Dan,

Quote:> What problems does mod_perl have? I've been using it for years.

I think you misread his post. He is looking for a Unix based ASP solution,
and I'm assuming he refers to use of mod_perl with Apache::ASP rather than
comparing mod_perl directly against ASP. Problemwise, mod_perl doesn't (or
didn't) like being built with Apache as a DSO, although I think this was
when PHP was introduced into the equation. I don't know which is at fault or
even if it's since been resolved... it was a problem that occurred pre 1.24
at least.

Quote:> It's a totally different solution from ASP, though, and completely
unrelated
> to Perl (which is what this newsgroup is all about.)

Begone evil heathens with questions about Unix webservers.. this is the
exclusive realm of the Perlmongers!

Maybe not ;p

Kelv
kelv at kelv dot net

1. Apache with FrontPage 2000 Extensions, mod_perl, Apache::ASP, Raven SSL

Please forgive me if this is dumb, I'm pretty new at this FreeBSD/Apache
thing...

Trying to create the mother of all web servers and I need some
help/suggestion/direction.  Apache server v1.3.9 - PHP3 v3.0.12 with MySQL
support - FrontPage 2000 server extensions - mod_perl - Apache::ASP - and
Covalent Raven SSL

Has anyone done this in FreeBSD 3.2 Stable?

Thanks so much!

2. General Linux questions

3. ASP in Apache, any low cost solution

4. Can you use yaboot with no IDE drives?

5. Need to find which version I am using for XFree86.

6. xdm in X11R6/ELF

7. I could not find the FAQ, so I am asking (I think) FA Q's

8. Q: program to check HTTP-passwd?

9. I am not able to find the file /etc/networks

10. My Dissapointment to find Linux not a viable solution

11. need to find a solution for hebrew on sco5

12. ATAPI CD-ROM - SOLUTION FOUND! NOT

13. need help finding router solution