Logging Post Requests

Post by kp.. » Wed, 14 Jun 2000 04:00:00

Hi,
  I am trying to figure out how to log the contents of a post request
so that if users find a bug on the page I can search the logfile for
the actual request contents. I have looked here
http://www.apache.org/docs/mod/mod_log_config.html#formats but did not
find anything that could help.

Thanks for your help.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Logging Post Requests

Post by ASTY Patric » Thu, 15 Jun 2000 04:00:00

Quote:

> Hi,
>   I am trying to figure out how to log the contents of a post request
> so that if users find a bug on the page I can search the logfile for
> the actual request contents. I have looked here
> http://www.apache.org/docs/mod/mod_log_config.html#formats but did not
> find anything that could help.

You could try the EAccess module:

        http://www.micronet.fr/~pasty/eaccess/

It logs all the request, including query_string *and* body content.

Hope this helps,
--
ASTY Patrick
A.C.I.C.          - Tel +33 (0)1.45.32.37.00

It compiles! Let's ship it! - overheard at Microsoft

Logging Post Requests

Post by Alex Brow » Thu, 15 Jun 2000 04:00:00

> Hi,
>   I am trying to figure out how to log the contents of a post request
> so that if users find a bug on the page I can search the logfile for
> the actual request contents. I have looked here
> http://www.apache.org/docs/mod/mod_log_config.html#formats but did not
> find anything that could help.

There are Apache modules that I know of that will do this, have a look
through modules.apache.org

Alex.