Apache and Xerox Docushare

Post by seesc.. » Fri, 14 Apr 2000 04:00:00

My company is using a document management system from Xerox
called Docushare. Overall, it seems very nice and we like it a lot.
We are running the system on NT and we are using a Linux server
to frontend the NT box. The Linux box uses mod_rewrite to forward
all calls to Docushare to the NT machine. So there is the basic set
up and it all works wonderfully. The problem is this; we want to
use Apache to authenticate users for Apache and Docushare at
the same time. Currently, the user must log into Apache and also
log into Docushare. What are goal is, is to have one password for
each user so they are not authenticating themselves twice. I've
looked at mod_external_auth as a way to do this, but this only
allows me to use Docushare for HTTP authenication and not
Docushares authenication. Is there a way to pull a the password
variable from HTTP authentication? I'm rather stumpped at them
moment and would appriciate any suggestions. Docushare can
be found at http://docushare.xerox.com. Thanks in advance.

Ryan-

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.