Auto invocation of header/footer [x]ssi?

Auto invocation of header/footer [x]ssi?

Post by Valerie Lambe » Tue, 18 Nov 1997 04:00:00

Hi,

I need to place a wrapper around all the pages in a document tree served by
Apache on Solaris. I would like the server to automatically see

  <!--#exec cmd="/mumble/script/head.pl"-->

before the content of the document and

  <!--#exec cmd="/mumble/script/foot.pl"-->

at the end of the content of the document.

I do not want to actually have to place these commands in the documents,
because the documents are maintained by various people with sundry tools
and cannot be bothered or trusted to place consistent header or footer
strings.

Does this sound feasible? If so, how do I go about it? Or is there a better
way to accomplish the same idea?

Thanks,

--V

Auto invocation of header/footer [x]ssi?

Post by Anirvan Chatterje » Wed, 19 Nov 1997 04:00:00

1. Auto headers and/or footers

I am using Apache 1.0 as a www server and have masses of content in
multiple directories. The search engines pick up this content and
people go straight to the page within my directory structure.

Thats fine, but users dont seem to realise that they can go up one level
etc. so I thought an imagemapped buttonbar at the top of every page
with hotlinks to a few primary locations within the site would be ideal
for encouraging exploration of further content.

I really dont want to add the small amount of html for this to thousands
of html files by hand - is there any way I can get apache to add the
imagemapped buttonbar automatically to every page it serves?

Any responses much appreciated.

Andy

2. ksymoops ??

3. Non-SSI Footers

4. IPC in Linux

5. ? how to insert footers using server and not ssi ?

6. Routing Problem with SLIP

7. Auto sourcing of $HOME/.profile with k-shell invocations

8. smpatch and zones?

9. Printing headers and footers??

10. MSWord Headers/Footers >> ascii text file

11. Netscape printer fonts, page headers & footers

12. Q: header/footer files?

13. man page headers, footers