Netscape Enterprise Server 4.1 (iPlanet) with external servlet engine (Tomcat) /File upload

Netscape Enterprise Server 4.1 (iPlanet) with external servlet engine (Tomcat) /File upload

Post by tabbyda » Thu, 10 Aug 2000 04:00:00

Hi,
     Does anyone know how to setup Tomcat as the servlet engine
for
Netscape's Enterprise Server 4.1?

      Alternately does anyone know a good file upload (either
open
source, or third party commercial software) for Netscape
Enterprise
Server 4.1?

System info:
        OS: Linux
        Webserver: Netscape Enterprise Server (iPlanet) 4.1.

Problem background info:
        Doing file upload  (in Java Servlets) in several places
in a
webapp.  Made a wrapper to the MultipartRequest class (see
servlets.com,
or the OReilly book on servlets).
        When running the servlets on apache-tomcat file upload
works
well.  However, when running on Enterprise Server (using
Netscape's
built in servlet engine) the underlying HttpServletRequest gets
mangled
(specifically the header/boundary come through but after that
there is
an EOF before any of the message body).  This mangling  is
observed in
my base servlet (from which all the servlets are derived) in the
doPost
method before I've called anything else (I've confirmed that both
by
tracing the problem in Bugseeker and in sending info to a log
file
outside of Bugseeker).

        Tomcat's source  has a directory for "iis_netscape" but
this
seems to be designed for iis (will compile to a .dll ...)

Up to 100 minutes free!
http://www.keen.com

1. password protecting a servlet with htaccess (Netscape Enterprise Server/iPlanet 4.x)

I have used .htaccess and .htpasswd files to password document
directories on a webserver, but how do I protect a servlet directory?

Also, is there a complete article on how to do NCSA-type authentication
on Netscape webservers? Since they abandoned support for their default
user/group database, it has become a major pain to do any form of
authentication. They require you to run an LDAP server to use any of
the graphical administration tools. If you are familiar
with .htaccess/htpasswd, you can configure netscape to load an htaccess
module. Searching their help database turns up articles from 1996 which
talk about .nsconfig files--but I can't find any explanation of that
for the 4.0 servers.

Please help!

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. Making Linux multiboot capable and grub loading kernel modules at boot time.

3. Changing Netscape Enterprise Server 4.1 Banner String

4. Restricting bandwidth

5. Roaming access & iPlanet Enterprise webserver V 4.1?

6. Parallel Port IDE Slackware 3.6 Installation

7. Extracting CLIENT_CERT in Servlets under Netscape Enterprise Server

8. Linux on Sun and/or PowerPC

9. package directive in servlet on netscape enterprise server 4.0

10. Netscape enterprise server & Servlets

11. (Review ID: 159248) Starting Tomcat servlet engine gives HotSpot Virtual Machine Error: 11, error ID

12. Installing Tomcat as a plugin for Netscape Enterprise Server?

13. Search Engines for Netscape Enterprise Server