The apache binaries 32 or 64 bit?

Post by David Chut » Sat, 10 Feb 2001 02:33:31

Hello all,

Does any one know if the binaries available at the apache site
are compiled for 32 bit or 64?

What I beleive I want is the binaries for SOL, HP and AIX compiled for
64 bit modes of the operating system.

Do I need to compile everything myself?
Will 32 bit binaries run on a 64 bit machines?

Ta
David.

Post by ste.. » Wed, 14 Feb 2001 20:27:36

> Hello all,
> Does any one know if the binaries available at the apache site
> are compiled for 32 bit or 64?

You could always get them down and run file(1) on them.

--
steven
1;

1. code to determine 64-bit vs 32-bit binaries?

Can anyone post sample code showing how to determine, within a Solaris
process space, whether a program it's about to exec is a 64-bit or
32-bit executable? No use saying "man file"; I have to do it within the
current process. And of course the next obvious response is "take a look
at GNU or BSD file commands and see what they do". Unfortunately I've
tried that and it's not working right. So if any of you have ever had to
do this and have a few lines of C code to post, I'd appreciate it.

M.Biswas

2. Where is archive?

3. Solaris 9 installed with 32 & 64 bit supports but boots in 32 bit mode

4. dip, slirp, IPs, other options?

5. performance of runing 32/64 bit program in 64 bit kernel.

6. Mandrake 8.1 and Alcatel USB ADSL modem

7. 32/64 bit binaries compiling differences?

8. Problem with Screen Refreshes...

9. 64/32 bit binaries

10. How 32 bit driver can be ported to 64 bit driver?

11. 32 bits vs. 64 bits Oracle

12. 32 bit or 64 bit

13. Best Build machine: KT333 w/ 32 bit PCI or KT266 w/ 64 bit pci