Log file performance impact

Post by raphael reic » Sat, 29 Mar 1997 04:00:00

Does anyone  know if generating log files impacts performance?

If so:
(1) Is this true for all web servers, or only those under high loads?

(2) Does anyone have a rough idea of what the benefit is of turning
logging off (e.g., percentage increase in performance)?

Thanks

1. Q: performance impact of log. interf.

Hi everyone ...

I'm running the webserver for our university. Now I have requests about
virtual web hosting. This would require multiple logical interfaces
configured. Before I agree to this service I would like to know, if
there's any performance impact if I would configure a number of 16 - 32 of
these logical interfaces.

Please send answers also via email.

Thanx in advance ... Frank

   Frank Kargl (aka Comram)    Computing Center, University of Ulm, Germany

   Tel.(Uni): 0731-502-2509  Tel.(Privat): 0731-553972  Eplus: 0177-5539510
 Logic, logic, logic...Logic is the beginning of wisdom, Valeris, not the end
             [Spock --- Star Trek VI: "The Undiscovered Country"]

2. voodoo2 under linux

3. Sys Accounting and performance impact???

4. gopher proxy in apache 1.1.3 server

5. Impact of (kernel+XFREE+WM) on performances?

6. file locks in 2.4.18

7. Interleave factor performance impact

8. Names of XColors + Keyboard Binding

9. potential performance impact question

10. NFS Performance Impact

11. How can I split a log file into several log files?

12. Impact of process accounting on system performance

13. wierd stuffs in proxy log file and back end server log file