Apache: Getting rid of .sl suffix binding to text/vnd.wap.sl type

Post by adam » Sun, 02 Sep 2001 01:47:13

> When I tried to do the same on a newer version of Apache (1.3.19), I
> found out
> that somewhere internally, the .sl is already wired to the
> 'text/vnd.wap.sl'
> MIME type, so my 'AddLanguage sl .sl' directive doesn't work.

> I would be very glad, if you can direct me to where this is defined, and
> how to
> turn the darn thing off.

Look in the mime.types file under the conf/ directory.

--
-adam                 | "Be liberal in what you accept, and
Systems Administrator |  conservative in what you send"

Apache: Getting rid of .sl suffix binding to text/vnd.wap.sl type

Post by Primoz Peterli » Sun, 02 Sep 2001 01:36:04

Dear folks,

For a number of years, I was happily running an old version of Apache
(1.2.5).
I have used the MultiViews mechanism to serve either English version of
documents
(using the .html.en suffix) or Slovenian (using .html.sl suffix),
depending on
the language preference of the visitors of our Web pages.

When I tried to do the same on a newer version of Apache (1.3.19), I
found out
that somewhere internally, the .sl is already wired to the
'text/vnd.wap.sl'
MIME type, so my 'AddLanguage sl .sl' directive doesn't work.

I would be very glad, if you can direct me to where this is defined, and
how to
turn the darn thing off.

With kind regards,
Primoz Peterlin

--
Primo? Peterlin,   In1titut za biofiziko, Med. fakulteta, Univerza v
Ljubljani

Tel: +386-1-5437632, fax: +386-1-4315127,
http://sizif.mf.uni-lj.si/~peterlin/

Post by Primoz Peterli » Wed, 05 Sep 2001 22:01:58

> > When I tried to do the same on a newer version of Apache (1.3.19), I
> > found out that somewhere internally, the .sl is already wired to the
> > 'text/vnd.wap.sl' MIME type, so my 'AddLanguage sl .sl' directive doesn't
> > work.
> > I would be very glad, if you can direct me to where this is defined, and
> > how to turn the darn thing off.
> Look in the mime.types file under the conf/ directory.

Thank you for the hint. With the Red Hat 7.1 package, Apache server
actually doesnt use this file, but /etc/mime-types (part of mailcap
package) instead. Commenting out the offending line:

text/vnd.wap.sl                 sl

solved my problem.

Thank you,
Primoz

--
Primo? Peterlin,   In1titut za biofiziko, Med. fakulteta, Univerza v
Ljubljani
Lipieva 2, SI-1000 Ljubljana, Slovenija.

Tel: +386-1-5437632, fax: +386-1-4315127,
http://sizif.mf.uni-lj.si/~peterlin/

1. Upgrade SLS 0.96 to SLS 0.98

How do you upgrade the root (a2) disk from an existing (0.96) file
system to version 0.98?

I tried just running the normal "doinstall PART" but got a bunch of
error messages saying "file exists" apparently when the install program
was trying to create links. There were some other error messages about
the /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i386-linux/2.2.2d/cpp program which doesn't exist
on my 0.96 system.

Is there a 'clean' way to do this? I will welcome any suggestions.

Thanks.

Bill Mullica

2. Moving users from one ver to another

3. can't run Xfree from SLS on NEC Ultralite SL/25C

4. Can anybody help with setting up a time server under SCO UNIX.

5. SLS update: SLS 1.02 / 99p9 kernel

6. Hitachi CDROM

7. (Correction+Update) SLS - Get entire SLS on 3 1/2 disks for $85.5 or 52.00!!

8. ipfilter

9. Differences between SLS .99pl9-1 and SLS .99pl11

10. How to upgrade from SLS 1.03 to SLS 1.05

11. SLS - Get entire SLS on 3 1/2 disks for a total of US$85.5!!!

12. SLS 1.02 -> SLS 1.03 how?

13. SLS - Get entire SLS on 3 1/2 disks for $85.5!!