Netscape Server Internal Functions

Post by Christian J. Polizz » Thu, 06 Nov 1997 04:00:00

--------------2D1F5FD2C6242448DDE2F946

--------------C339B432D0B2000DC90E76DC

Hi,

Does anyone know the purpose of the following functions:

   * basic-auth
        o I believe this function merely decodes basic authorization
          credentials.  Please correct me if I am wrong about this.
   * require-auth

Also, does anyone know if a function exists, that is callable, that will
verify the client supplied authorization credentials?

--------------C339B432D0B2000DC90E76DC

<HTML>
Hi,

<P>Does anyone know the purpose of the following functions:
<UL>
<LI>
<TT>basic-auth</TT></LI>

<UL>
<LI>
I believe this function merely decodes basic authorization credentials.&nbsp;
Please correct me if I am wrong about this.</LI>
</UL>

<LI>
<TT>require-auth</TT></LI>
</UL>
Also, does anyone know if a function exists, that is callable, that will
verify the client supplied authorization credentials?
<BR>&nbsp;</HTML>

--------------C339B432D0B2000DC90E76DC--

--------------2D1F5FD2C6242448DDE2F946

begin:          vcard
fn:             Christian J. Polizzi
n:              Polizzi;Christian J.
org:            Lockheed Martin C2 Integration Systems
adr:            590 Lancaster Av (FedEx);;P.O. Box 4001 (U.S. Mail);Frazer;PA;19355-1808;USA

tel;work:       (610) 407-3515
tel;fax:        (610) 407-3512
x-mozilla-cpt:  ;0
x-mozilla-html: TRUE
version:        2.1
end:            vcard

--------------2D1F5FD2C6242448DDE2F946--

1. How best to route internal clients to internal web server?

I have the following setup:

an OpenBSD firewall.  The only manchine on my network with a real IP.
a Linux server, which provides web (and other) services.
some linux clients.

A request for the web server comes in to the firewall, which NATs and port
forwards it to the internal server.

But clients on the inside cannot cannot use the web server, unless I put
appropriate host entries into the /etc/hosts file, resolving the 'real'
name of the web server to the private IP address.

Thus in /etc/hosts I must have

192.168.128.2   www.xxxx.com spam.xxxx.com
order hosts,bind

otherwise my internal clients cannot find the web server.

Is there a better way to handle this than editing each and every
/etc/hosts on the network?

I run my own dhcp and bind servers, but I don't think I can use bind to
serve up the domain names...  ISTR the last time I tried, it wouldn't let
me since I am not authoritative for the domain, and it wreaked havoc with
DNS....

--
use munged address above to email me

2. Telnet+slackware

3. Internal Network can't browse the internal Web Server!!!!

4. @Linus, Marcello, (Alan?) (regards sisfb)

5. Non Netscape Proxy between Netscape Commerce Server & Netscape Browser

6. (partial known) bugs/compile errors

7. function, function...who's got the function?

8. "Just Say No"

9. After rebooting sendmail servers, internal servers must fully qualify for mail

10. Internal Server Error on a Heavy Loaded Server

11. Advice on Linux and internal web server and file server

12. How to config the squid proxy to let the internal client can use ftp function

13. Manual pages on internal kernel functions