.htaccess no longer works when upgrading to apache 2.0

.htaccess no longer works when upgrading to apache 2.0

Post by Mark Ginsbur » Fri, 14 Feb 2003 09:32:07

Hello,

my protected directories now give errors after my upgrade to Apache 2.0.

The browser error says:

Authorization Required
This server could not verify that you are authorized to access the document
requested. Either you supplied the wrong credentials (e.g., bad password),
or your browser doesn't understand how to supply the credentials required.

I am using the identical httpd.conf block from my old 1.3 apache, which
worked, for protecting the directory.

Here is an excerpt:

<Directory />
    Options FollowSymLinks
#    Options All
    AllowOverride AuthConfig
#     AllowOverride None
</Directory>

Has something changed with the format of .htaccess or the format of the
security user and group files?

Do I need to recompile something?

Thanks

Mark

****

Mark Ginsburg, U of Arizona

****

Post by Joshua Sli » Sat, 15 Feb 2003 10:36:38

> Hello,

> my protected directories now give errors after my upgrade to Apache 2.0.

> The browser error says:

> Authorization Required

Start by checking the error log.

Joshua.

.htaccess no longer works when upgrading to apache 2.0

Post by Mark Ginsbur » Sun, 16 Feb 2003 03:52:21

Hi, I took a look at the error_log and it says AuthUserFile not permitted
here -- I guess it is talking about the .htaccess file.

Is that directive now only allowed inside httpd.conf?  are there examples of
the new style and is the change documented?

thanks

Mark

Quote:> > Hello,

> > my protected directories now give errors after my upgrade to Apache 2.0.

> > The browser error says:

> > Authorization Required

> Start by checking the error log.

> Joshua.

1. Reboot script no longer works after 2.0 upgrade

I upgraded recently to Linux 2.0.13 and upgraded all of the associated
packages, and everything worked more or less fine, until I got to
installing the latest sysvinit 2.64.

Actually init works fine.  The problem is with reboot.  The runlevel 6
(reboot/halt) script that comes with Slackware 3.0 no longer works.  The
new version of reboot doesn't support the '-w' flag anymore (writes a
reboot wtmp entry) for one thing.  But the main problem is that after
unmouting the files systems and stuff, instead of rebooting it says:

        No more processes at this runlevel
        init: can't write /etc/initrunlvl

And then it just hangs.

What do I do.  I can't find any information about how it's supposed to
work regarding this in the man pages or docs.

Any advice?  Is there a new script I can use or something?

Thanks,

Zach
--
                                       .^....^.

                    RoR-Alucard         `{""}'

2. X for C&T65555 can't do 800x600

3. Upgrading Apache - htaccess doesn't work

4. newbie RedHat 7 questions.

5. Apache 0.8.3 to Apache 1.1.1: file includes are no longer working

6. setting up tcp/ip

7. in cdrtools 2.0, mkisofs 2.0 no longer has option -jext?

8. UMSDOS install help?

9. Apache 1.1b4 on linux 2.0 -- .htaccess problem (trying mSQL)

10. telnet no longer works well after sol2.4 to sol2.5.1 upgrade

11. USB printer no longer works after kernel upgrade

12. tcsh no longer works after upgrade to solaris 2.5.1

13. upgrade kde 2.1 -> 2.2 - mouse no longer working