apache 1.3.19, mod_ssl, Authentification

apache 1.3.19, mod_ssl, Authentification

Post by Norman Wehr » Fri, 01 Jun 2001 05:16:22

Hello ng,
how can I force an authentification-window in a VirtualHost context with SSLEngine on ?
I don't want to use Fake basic_auth, I want to choose login/pass by myself. Does anybody
know? Thanks.

Until now we have the following 'Solution':

8< -------------------------------
<Directory "/www/wwwroot/auth">
Options -Indexes FollowSymLinks MultiViews
# has to be through https
    Rewri*gine        on
    RewriteCond          %{HTTPS} !=on
    RewriteRule          (.*)$ https://%{SERVER_NAME}/$1 [R]
# has to be from local subnet
    Order deny,allow
    Deny from all
    Allow from 192.168.134.151/16
#
  Satisfy all
</Directory>
---------------------------- >8

if you want to access it via http, basic_auth appears and after successful login a rewrite
to https follows, but if you want to access a file via https, you don't need a login/pass.
But https must force a login, too.

--
Norman Wehrle

Post by Paul Rubi » Fri, 01 Jun 2001 06:09:31

> Hello ng,
> how can I force an authentification-window in a VirtualHost context
> with SSLEngine on ?  I don't want to use Fake basic_auth, I want to
> choose login/pass by myself. Does anybody know? Thanks.

What are you talking about?  You can use basic auth just like over http.

1. mod_ssl and Apache 1.3.19

I was going to upgrade my version of Apache to 1.3.19 but
am unable to compile the mod_ssl module with the latest
version.

"The mod_ssl/2.8.0 can be used for Apache/1.3.17 only."

Is there a standard work-around for this or am I out of
luck until a new release of mod_ssl?

Thanks!

2. Problems running some programs on aix 4.3.3

3. Apache 1.3.19+mod_ssl Installation troubles

4. Biostar 8500TVX

5. mod_ssl for 1.3.19 prob

6. CD-ROM drive compatibility with Linux

7. apache 1.3.19 on linux 7 startup error

8. X11perf Graphics Performance

9. Apache 1.3.19 return 403 Forbidden on PDF file

10. Apache 1.3.19 crashing?

11. KeepAlive in Apache 1.3.19 Proxy

12. Apache 1.3.19

13. Tomcat 3.2.1 + apache 1.3.19 + solaris 2.7(sparc) = impossible?