How to disable response headers ?

Post by Marc Slemk » Fri, 19 Feb 1999 04:00:00

>Hi,
>How can i disable the sending of response headers in Apache's Jserv ?

I think you should ask about what you really want to do.

"disabling the sending of response headers" makes absolutely no sense.

1. Baffling iPlanet header response

iPlanet Web Server 4.1 SP1 under Solaris 8

This simple perl script:

#!/usr/bin/perl
print "Content-type: application/pdf\n\n";
print `cat testfile.pdf`;

causes the server to send fifteen (15) header chunks like so:

HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Server: Netscape-Enterprise/4.1
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2001 20:25:16 GMT
Connection: close

[repeat 14 times]

then this one:

Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2001 20:25:16 GMT
Connection: close

then finally the PDF itself.

This doesn't happen with any other MIME type, just PDF. All
that header junk causes older Acrobat plugins to barf.

Anyone have a clue as to why in the world this is happening?

--
___________________

2. A Newbie to Linux needs a flashlight of thought >

3. Apache 1.2b3 & Location response header

4. better ping?

5. extra "100 Continue" response headers from CGI script?

6. What File(s) off the net do I need to get FreeBSD installed

7. Howto rewrite HTTP response headers with Apache?

8. Telnet - login too slow..

9. Apache 1.3.20: ap_send_http_header() sends Content-Type header when response contains no body

10. OAS and server response headers

11. Adding response headers based on user-agent?

12. Response Headers on Apache

13. inconsistencies in header responses using Apache 2.0.35 on Windows 2000 and Solaris 8