trouble installing apache modules

Post by Munazza Bukhar » Thu, 25 Nov 1999 04:00:00

Hi,

I've installed apache on solaris 2.6 using the following steps:

Quote:> ./configure --prefix=/home/applrt/db/apache \

                    --enable-module=rewrite --enable-shared=rewrite

Quote:> make
> make install

In the end it tells me that the installation was successful. However,
when I try to start the server I get the following error message:
     Cannot load /home/applrt/db/apache/libexec/mod_rewrite.so into
server: ld.so.1: /home/applrt/db/apache/bin/httpd: fatal: relocation
error: file /home/applrt/db/apache/libexec/mod_rewrite.so: symbol
ap_user_id: referenced symbol not found
/home/applrt/db/apache/bin/apachectl start: httpd could not be started

Any ideas on what is going wrong here?  It seems that the only way
I get modules to install properly is by doing the manual installation
using
Configure in the the /src directory.

Thanks.

1. Installing Apache::ASP module on Apache on solaris

Hi All,
I am having a terrible time installing Apache::ASP on Solaris.  perl_mod
was already installed on the system.  We were able to install perl 5.6.
 My plan is to be able to run ASP pages on this system with embedded
perlscripts.  I tried running CPAN.pm, but it did not make that much
sense and it asked too many question that I do not have answers to.  Can
someone please shed some light on this for me please.

Denton.

2. What's so great with VI?!

3. Trouble with apache 1.0.0 and counter module

4. g77: problem finding a library

5. Trouble Installing NIC Module

6. Does "intellectual Property" exist?

7. Trouble installing MySQL module with CPAN

8. Hardware advice needed

9. Trouble Installing NIC Module

10. trouble with sbpcd module in RH 6 install

11. Trouble Installing NIC Module

12. Wierd modules troubles (even without modules)

13. cannot install apache after installed frontpage 2000 patch apache