Virtual Hosting problems

Post by Craig Michael Patric » Mon, 29 Jul 2002 21:10:01

Yes. I have an index.html page in those directories.

--
Take care,
Craig

> > Hi guys,

> > I'm a bit of a newbie, first off. Here's the scoop: I'm hosting a couple
> > of website on Red Hat 7.2 dist. of Linux using Apache 1.3.X and I can't
> > seem to get the Virtual Hosts to work properly. Here's what my
httpd.conf
> > file is looking like:

> > DocumentRoot "/var/www/html"

> > NameVirtualHost 24.209.22.159
> > <VirtualHost 24.209.22.159>
> >     DocumentRoot /var/www/html/cmpatrick
> >     ServerName www.cmpatrick.com
> > </VirtualHost>
> > <VirtualHost 24.209.22.159>
> >     DocumentRoot /var/www/html/ocd
> >     ServerName www.oilcandrive.com
> > </VirtualHost>

> > When the pages are called now it's showing only the basic DocumentRoot
> > info (/var/www/html) and then
> > all the folders in that directory...none of the virtual hosts are being
> > recognized, which is a problem as I'm dealing with multiple clients.

> > Any ideas?

> > --
> > Take care,
> > Craig
> Do you have an index.html page in that dir?
> --
> moonie ;)

> Registered Linux User #175104
> ICQ# 83003404
> AIM: mooniesdl3

Virtual Hosting problems

Post by Kevi » Tue, 30 Jul 2002 23:35:42

> Yes. I have an index.html page in those directories.

> --
> Take care,
> Craig

> > > Hi guys,

> > > I'm a bit of a newbie, first off. Here's the scoop: I'm hosting a couple
> > > of website on Red Hat 7.2 dist. of Linux using Apache 1.3.X and I can't
> > > seem to get the Virtual Hosts to work properly. Here's what my
>  httpd.conf
> > > file is looking like:

> > > DocumentRoot "/var/www/html"

> > > NameVirtualHost 24.209.22.159
> > > <VirtualHost 24.209.22.159>
> > >     DocumentRoot /var/www/html/cmpatrick
> > >     ServerName www.cmpatrick.com
> > > </VirtualHost>
> > > <VirtualHost 24.209.22.159>
> > >     DocumentRoot /var/www/html/ocd
> > >     ServerName www.oilcandrive.com
> > > </VirtualHost>

> > > When the pages are called now it's showing only the basic DocumentRoot
> > > info (/var/www/html) and then
> > > all the folders in that directory...none of the virtual hosts are being
> > > recognized, which is a problem as I'm dealing with multiple clients.

> > > Any ideas?

> > > --
> > > Take care,
> > > Craig
> > Do you have an index.html page in that dir?
> > --
> > moonie ;)

> > Registered Linux User #175104
> > ICQ# 83003404
> > AIM: mooniesdl3

The problem you are having is header recognition.  Because you are
using the same IP for both websites.  Without header recognition
working when a client views the website (doesnt matter which one of
them they go to) They will see the default (or first one).

1. apache 1.3.2 virtual host problem

Just upgraded from 1.2.*
I have a dynamic IP on a dial up account (203.58.12.*) but several
permanent IP addresses that are updated dynamically.  My main host
(www.bloodnet.dyn.ml.org) works fine but for some reason my virtual
hosts do not.  I have included below my virtual host configuration and
part of my httpd.conf.  Anyone that could please help, reply via email

VirtualHost configuration:
203.58.12.198:80       is a NameVirtualHost
                       default server www.stso.dyn.ml.org
(/usr/local/apache/etc/httpd.conf:276)
                       port 80 namevhost www.stso.dyn.ml.org
(/usr/local/apache/etc/httpd.conf:276)
                       port 80 namevhost www.bismarck.dyn.ml.org
(/usr/local/apache/etc/httpd.conf:286)
                       port 80 namevhost www.ennit.dyn.ml.org
(/usr/local/apache/etc/httpd.conf:296)

And below, my httpd.conf:

NameVirtualHost www.stso.dyn.ml.org:80

<VirtualHost www.stso.dyn.ml.org>

DocumentRoot /home/stso/public_html
ServerName www.stso.dyn.ml.org
ServerAlias www.stso.dyn.ml.org
ErrorLog logs/www.stso.dyn.ml.org-error_log
TransferLog logs/access_log
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost www.bismarck.dyn.ml.org>

DocumentRoot /home/ticon/public_html
ServerName www.bismarck.dyn.ml.org
ServerAlias www.bismarck.dyn.ml.org
ErrorLog logs/www.bismarck.dyn.ml.org-error_log
TransferLog logs/access_log
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost www.ennit.dyn.ml.org>

DocumentRoot /home/dsomrok/public_html
ServerName www.ennit.dyn.ml.org
ServerAlias www.ennit.dyn.ml.org
ErrorLog logs/www.ennit.dyn.ml.org-error_log
TransferLog logs/access_log
</VirtualHost>

2. Shell Account?????

3. Apache Virtual host problem

4. ARP Flush - externally induced!!

5. Virtual host problem with Apache

6. Multicast Programming Under Linux

7. Apache Name-base Virtual host problem

8. CAPSLOCK deactivation

9. Help :- Apache 1.3.4 Virtual Host Problem with index.html

10. Namebased Virtual Hosting - problem

11. Apache virtual hosts problem

12. Virtual hosting problem on Mandrake 8.2

13. Weird Virtual Host problem.