downloading executable files on netscape enterprise 2.0

downloading executable files on netscape enterprise 2.0

Post by Cynd » Thu, 14 May 1998 04:00:00

I have a site running on the Netscape Enterprise 2.0 on an AIX 4.2.
Previously it was running on a CERN server.  The problem is I had an
area where I kept .exe files for others to download.  It worked fine
under CERN but on the netscape server I can't get it to work.  I get an
error on the server that says "trying to GET /software/foo.exe,
handle-processed reports: no way to service request for
/software/foo.exe."

I tried changing the mime.types file to remove .exe files as a cgi type
and added it instead to the application/octet-stream type.  That made no
difference.  Then I tried compressing the files so that they would have
a different extension.  That didn't help either.

Anyone have any ideas how to handle this?  TIA
--
Cyndy Luk
Disclaimer: The views, opinions, and judgments expressed in this message

downloading executable files on netscape enterprise 2.0

Post by Cynd » Thu, 14 May 1998 04:00:00

> I have a site running on the Netscape Enterprise 2.0 on an AIX 4.2.
> Previously it was running on a CERN server.  The problem is I had an
> area where I kept .exe files for others to download.  It worked fine
> under CERN but on the netscape server I can't get it to work.  I get an
> error on the server that says "trying to GET /software/foo.exe,
> handle-processed reports: no way to service request for
> /software/foo.exe."

> I tried changing the mime.types file to remove .exe files as a cgi type
> and added it instead to the application/octet-stream type.  That made no
> difference.  Then I tried compressing the files so that they would have
> a different extension.  That didn't help either.

> Anyone have any ideas how to handle this?  TIA
> --
> Cyndy Luk
> Disclaimer: The views, opinions, and judgments expressed in this message
> are solely those of the author.  The message contents have not been
> reviewed or approved by West Group.

Duh. I feel pretty stupid right now.  Changing the mime.types file does
work but after you load the latest config file changes, you also have to
restart the server.  OK, so I thought that loading the config file
changes *did* restart the server.  Now I know better.
--
Cyndy Luk
Disclaimer: The views, opinions, and judgments expressed in this message
are solely those of the author.  The message contents have not been
reviewed or approved by West Group.

1. Netscape Enterprise 2.0 - File table overflow

Up the number of files allocated in the kernel and rebuild it. I bumped
it up to about 2000-3000 (can't remember now). That solved the problem.
took the opportunity to tune the other parameters at the same time - the
kernel we were running was the stock HP-UX workstation distribution.

BTW your email address in your news reader is null.
--
 Clyde Smith-Stubbs       | HI-TECH Software,       | Voice: +61 7 3354
2411

2422
http://www.hitech.com.au  | QLD, 4051, AUSTRALIA.   |
For info on the World's best C cross compilers for embedded systems,
point
your WWW browser at http://www.hitech.com.au, or email

2. How do I tell what version of sendmail I'm running?

3. Executable Binary File vs. Executable Script File

4. sendmail after dynamic SLIP - need to reboot

5. User-Account on Netscape Enterprise Server 2.0

6. Kmail keeps Crashing

7. Netscape Enterprise 2.0 and content negotiation

8. Wanted: Emacs source

9. Netscape Enterprise Server 2.0

10. HELP for using Frontpage and Netscape Enterprise Server 2.0/NT

11. Using many databases on Netscape Enterprise Server 2.0

12. FS: Netscape Enterprise Server 2.0/NT, $289

13. client URL host in Netscape Enterprise Server 2.0