Mailserv - Email - Web Link

Post by Terry Ash » Wed, 25 Jun 1997 04:00:00

        Okay so this is kind of unique.  I've already looked at Selena Sol's
web page and I don't think any of his cgi's apply here.
        Here is what I want to do:  students will send email to a mailserv
on a VAX mainframe and get automatically subscribed to a certain list group
- call it pa-l - so that any time somebody submits a message to the

and everybody on that group will see the messages.  Now a user called
www on my Web server machine is also subscribed and so gets all these
messages from this group.  I need a cgi that will take only www's email
messages from this group and make them each into a web page and then
each of these web pages will in turn be links on a master web page.  These
links will be automatically put on the master web page by this cgi every time
that a student posts a message to the pa-l group.
        If it matters, my Web server is Netscape's Enterprise 2.01 and it
sits on a Digital Alpha Unix box.
        Thanks for any help at all.
        Terry Asher
* UNIX Administrator & Web Master    | Yours through INTERNET,                *

* 2620 Carpenter                     |For the listener who listens in the snow*
* Des Moines, Iowa  50311  USA       |and nothing himself, beholds the nothing*
* (515) 271-3677                     |that is not there and that is there.    *
*           Did you know that NutraSweet contains strychnine?                 *
*       Web home page at http://www.drake.edu/public/ta2321s_home.html        *