Apache error message

Post by Nick Sogg » Wed, 19 Nov 1997 04:00:00

Hi all,

I'm getting the following error message when configuring Apache to do
User Authentication for one of the virtual host sites I maintain:

access to /home/pubs/www/maintain failed for d3.dial-1.mnh.nh.ultra.net,
reason: mSQL: Missing parameters for password lookup: Password table

I have added the following to my access.conf file:
<Directory /home/pubs/www/maintain>
AllowOverride None
AuthUserFile /usr/local/etc/httpd/users
AuthGroupFile /dev/null
AuthName These documents are only available to authorized users
AuthType Basic

require valid-user

</Directory>

Does anyone know what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks for the help,
Nick

Apache error message

Post by Marc Slemk » Thu, 20 Nov 1997 04:00:00

Quote:>Hi all,
>I'm getting the following error message when configuring Apache to do
>User Authentication for one of the virtual host sites I maintain:
>access to /home/pubs/www/maintain failed for d3.dial-1.mnh.nh.ultra.net,
>reason: mSQL: Missing parameters for password lookup: Password table

Are you trying to use mSQL for authentication?  If so, you aren't setting
the appropriate directives.

If not, leave the mSQL auth module out or configure it so it
passes requests through (see the docs).

Quote:>I have added the following to my access.conf file: