Apache/HTTPd User Authentication

Post by Ron Klatchk » Wed, 29 Jul 1998 04:00:00

> <Limit GET>
> order deny, allow
> deny from all
> allow from  <list of IP
> addresses>
> require user  <list of usernames>
> </Limit>

Drop the <LIMIT></LIMIT> directives unless you only want to protect URLs
that that requested via GET (as opposed to POST, PUT, etc.)

Quote:> Is it possible to allow only certain specified
> users to have access from anywhere whilst keeping the IP address access
> restriction for all other users ?

> In other words, is there a facility
> available to say  "allow user-x from anywhere"  ?

satisfy any

http://www.apache.org/docs/mod/core.html#satisfy

You'll also need to configure HTTP authentication so that people coming
from unknown IP addresses can be allowed in via user/password.

moo
              Ron Klatchko - Senior Software Engineer

1. User-Authentication using the UNIX-system passwd-file with Apache HTTPd?

Hi there!

Does anybody know about a possibility to use the UNIX-system
passwd-file for user-authentication on a Apache HTTpd?

I know the CERN-server very well now, and like this feature there for
internal use of several HTML-pages.

Is there any module on the net, which satisfies my needs?

Thank you very much in advance for your help

Cheers Swen Mager

2. LILO boot with ide-patch ... please help

3. How to start apache httpd as some other user other than root- User directive

4. dhcp and multiple interfaces

5. Problems with user authentication under NCSA httpd-1.3

6. What is changing the permissions on my files?

7. User Authentication on CERN HTTPD

8. What can be the max. size of an ksh array ("set -A arrayName...") ??

9. User Limit on Authentication for NCSA httpd?

10. NCSA HTTPd User Authentication From /etc/passwd ?

11. User authentication problem with httpd v1.5

12. User re-authentication in NSCA HTTPd

13. HTTPD - User Authentication