"gd" gif library doesn't like the Apache server (or vice-versa)

"gd" gif library doesn't like the Apache server (or vice-versa)

Post by Casey Claibor » Tue, 27 Feb 1996 04:00:00

Hello,
        I used a gd graphics library function to place a polygon on a
gif (I used the function "gdImageFilledPolygon"). The problem is
that I use points in the function to create a polygon ex:
(x=102,y=168), (x=108,y=168), (x=108,y=174) (x=102,y=174) to create
a small box (or rectangle). These x and y points are fed into
the function "gdImageFilledPolygon" to create a box.
        If I click right in the middle of this box, I get
(x=115,y=174). These numbers are off quite a bit from the numbers
I used to create the box in the first place. The x and y value
is received from the apache server.
        Do gd and apache see the gif the same way? Are they
looking at the world with the same pair of glasses? From my
experiments it does not look that way. Is there something I am
doing wrong or is this indeed the case?
        Any help, hints, advice or guidance would be *greatly*
appreciated :)

TIA

Casey

Post by Thomas Boute » Thu, 29 Feb 1996 04:00:00

>Hello,
>    I used a gd graphics library function to place a polygon on a
>gif (I used the function "gdImageFilledPolygon"). The problem is
>that I use points in the function to create a polygon ex:
>(x=102,y=168), (x=108,y=168), (x=108,y=174) (x=102,y=174) to create
>a small box (or rectangle). These x and y points are fed into
>the function "gdImageFilledPolygon" to create a box.
>    If I click right in the middle of this box, I get
>(x=115,y=174). These numbers are off quite a bit from the numbers
>I used to create the box in the first place. The x and y value
>is received from the apache server.
>    Do gd and apache see the gif the same way? Are they
>looking at the world with the same pair of glasses? From my
>experiments it does not look that way. Is there something I am
>doing wrong or is this indeed the case?

Apache isn't the issue; it honors whatever coordinates
the browser passes to it. Your browser might be the issue.

-T

My machine: P166+mmx, 32mb ram, 4gb HD with Win95 and Win NT 4.0 and
redhat5.1 co-existed in different partitions.

I issued "sndconfig" within a xterm inside X Window, The program
detects the SB 16 pnp card sets it up with no error message, but when
it launch ModProbe to test out, it gets a message states: An error was
encountered running the ModProbe program."  I tried different IRQ
settings, all ends with the same message.

2nd, When I try to mount /dev/cdrom from File Systerm Manager, the
following error is returned:  Can't find /dev/hdb in /etc/mtab or
/etc/fstab.

3nd, When my machine boots, it halts at "Sendmail" for about 3-5 mins
before it goes to next step.  Obviously there isn't any mail system on
the machine right now because it is a standalone.  How can take this
mail thing out and speed up booting?

last one, Is my Zoom 56k PCI FaxModem a Windmodem that Linux can't use
to connect me to my local isp?

Experts help me out please. thanks.

2. SUN monitor with Matrox G450

3. Why doesn't echo "text" 'command' "more text" work?

4. Aztech (Gateway2000) Soundcard Success or Failure?

5. MIB-interface in 2.4

7. 1.1 Kernal & PS/2 Mouse port

8. Screen doesn't unblank with "screenblank" and "xlock" under 2.3

9. my PC doesn't reboot after "reboot" or "ctrl-alt-del"

10. newly built kernel "loads" but doesn't "uncompress"

11. Can't see Linux hostname from Windows and vice-versa

12. FTP works, but "ls" or "dir" doesn't ???