changin protocol version in apache

Post by Guy Cohe » Thu, 06 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Hello,
We have a need to change HTTP/1.1 to HTTP/1.0 going back to a client
browser (only
MSIE) when the server find a string in the header. something like
mod_rewrite
but instead of changing the URI, we need to change the HTTP header. We
can do it by
writing a module for apache, but would like to save the development
time, if we can
use a combination of existing modules
(mod_setenvif,mod_rewrite,mod_header?). Did
anyone did it, and can share ?

Thanks in advance!

--
Guy Cohen
Zapa Digital Arts Ltd.

Post by Gus » Thu, 06 Jan 2000 04:00:00

> We have a need to change HTTP/1.1 to HTTP/1.0 going back to a client
> browser (only
> MSIE) when the server find a string in the header.

BrowserMatch "MSIE 4\.0b2;" nokeepalive downgrade-1.0 force-response-1.0

(The above is from the default config, btw)

Regards,
        _Gus

--

0x58E18C6D
82 AA 4D 7F D8 45 58 05  6D 1B 1A 72 1E DB 31 B5

1. Apache and INS

I'd like to find out if there are any known problems with Apache
serving up and INS file.  We are attempting to provide a solution
(using FreeBSD/Apache vs IIS/ASP) that will sniff the browser a user is
using and then if it is Internet Explorer send an INS file down that
will set a proxy.  We have had it work but only on one of four test
computers.  I want to make sure it is not an Apache thing since the
window lovers at work are pushing for us to use IIS (uggh).  Any help
would be appreciated.  Please cc your response to my email address at

William Cochran

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. RPC - system call to support RPC API

3. ssh: Protocol major versions differ

4. StarOffice

5. OpenSSH protocol version 2 doesn't support Kerberos authentication

6. Multiple instances of sendmail

7. rusersd protocol version 3 and X11R6.

8. Audio

9. X Protocol Compressor - dxpc version 0.7 released

10. vnc client. RFB protocol version error

11. how to hide http protocol version information?

12. [RFC] Linux/i386 boot protocol version 2.04

13. X Protocol Compressor - dxpc version 0.9 released