Apache-SSL: Multiple Certificates With Virtual Servers?

Apache-SSL: Multiple Certificates With Virtual Servers?

Post by a8505.. » Thu, 30 Oct 1997 04:00:00

If I have apache_1.2.4 & SSL (SSLeay-0.8.1, ssl_1.11) can I have multiple
virtual servers such that Apache-SSL will use the correct certificate for
each virtual server (means multiple certificates for the different virtual
servers), or can I use just one certificate for all the virtual servers???

Unfortunately the Apache-SSL documentation is somewhat non-existent.

Thanks,

-Michael

1. SSL certificates on Apache Virtual Servers

Cross posted to alt.apache.config and comp.os.linux.networking

Hi,

I want to create a number of Apache Virtual Servers for different customers.
I have a requirement to provide a Secure Sockets Layer using HTTPS.

http://www.instantssl.com/ssl-certificate-support/server_faq/ssl-serv...

has a line saying:

<snip>
 When I access my secure site, a certificate for another site is displayed
This problem occurs if you assign the same IP address to each host in your
config file. SSL does not support name based virtual hosting (host headers
are encrypted in SSL), so only the first certificate listed in your config
file will be used.
</snip>

So, as these are commercial customers, how can I configure the Virtual
Servers/Certificates so that they authenticate properly. We were planning to
use a single IP address for all servers, behind a content switch, but now I
am unsure exactly what configuration options I have available.

Anyone suggest a solution or have I misunderstood the problem.

Thanks

Martyn

--
===========================
Martyn Kinder G0CZD

Open-Xchange 0.8.0.5

2. I need HELP about this SYSCALL

3. Can't convert my netscape ssl certificate for use with Apache-SSL

4. libg++ strangeness

5. Apache-SSL and problems with SSL certificate

6. Region of horizontal lines on X display with ATI 3D RAGE PRO LT laptop chipset

7. Apache, virtual hosts and SSL certificate

8. Mp3-player better then amp for AIX available ?

9. Apache SSL multiple certificate domain question.

10. Red Hat 6.1 + Apache/SSL - can I have multiple certificates?

11. Old machine Tomcat+SSL, new machine Apache+SSL - new certificates needed?

12. Apache-SSL with Virtual Servers

13. 2 ssl certificates for 2 VirtualHost on one Apache web server