I've been told that Apache 1.3.11's ProxyPass directive does not
handle relative links properly (or at all). Can anyone validate that
for me? It's from a trusted source, but I just wanted to make sure..
On 29 Feb 2000 21:50:09 GMT, "Joshua Slive"
>I'm not sure what that means. It doesn't handle ABSOLUTE links,
>in the sense that they will cause the browser to request documents
>directly from the back-end server in a Reverse Proxy situation.
>I haven't used this extensively myself, but from everything I know
>this should work fine. Of course, you haven't given very many details
>about the setup you are talking about and what you expect to happen.
>In any case, it isn't difficult to setup, so why not just try it?
1. Apache 1.3.11 (Solaris) and ProxyPass with authentication...
I've gotten Apache 1.3.11 set-up to pass-through proxy for a site that
we wish to authenticate access to, minus the authentication. Here's how
I have it set-up:
ProxyPass /virtual1/ http://www.foo.com/virtual1/
ProxyPassReverse /virtual1/ http://www.foo.com/virtual1/
Allow from all
AuthName "Restricted proxy area"
It prompts me for the authentication, and I have created
/usr/local/apache/passwd/passwd with htpasswd, but whatever user I
create, then use for the pop-up auth box fails.
Any suggestions welcomed.
Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.
2. Odd problem with MS IE against Apache/Jserv using SSL (longish)
4. Setting up SCSI harddisk...
5. Apache 1.3.11 and SIGHUP/SIGUSR1 problems
6. Upgrading AS 200/166 -> AS 200/233
7. Apache 1.3.11 And Server Hostnames
10. Instaling mod_perl 1.21 on Apache 1.3.11
11. Apache 1.3.11 and undo Action ?
12. mod_auth_nds & apache 1.3.11 problem
13. HELP: Apache 1.3.11 install problem