Apache logging everything twice

Post by Kjell L?nnqvi » Fri, 27 Sep 1996 04:00:00

 I have an Apache 1.1.1 server running in a Solaris 2.4 environment.
My problem is that every entry in the access_log is logged twice, does
anyone know how to stop this.

Thanx in advance
-----
Kjell L?nnqvist
http://www.abo.fi/~kell

Post by Magnus Stenma » Fri, 27 Sep 1996 04:00:00

>  I have an Apache 1.1.1 server running in a Solaris 2.4 environment.
> My problem is that every entry in the access_log is logged twice, does
> anyone know how to stop this.

> Thanx in advance
> -----
> Kjell L?nnqvist
> http://www.abo.fi/~kell

Are you using both logging modules? Check src/Configuration
(standard and configurable)
If so, disable one and recompile.
/magnus

1. Apache cache logs everything?

I like the idea of running a www cache and when
I set up Apache with the cache mod and used it as
a proxy everything works fine however the
transfer log shows everything fetched whether
it resides on the Apache server or not.

i.e., the logs show all transfers from other
web servers.

I'm worried this will make the logs way
too big to deal with and make it difficult
to monitor what my server is actually doing
(for example users get free home pages as long
as their transmitted volume is not too great).

O'm worried that putting every GET in
the log will make analog or wwwstat
match some pages off the system because
the URL may contain the same characters
and inflate what apears to be served
by our system.

Is there a way to log only the sent
pages which reside on the Apache server
and not pages fetched from other servers
and from the cache?

2. Netscape in CDE

3. xxgdb echoes everything twice?

4. GQ CD-R media = JUNK

5. kppp, Need to log in twice

6. QIC tape programming issue

7. kppp, need to log in twice for connection to work

8. pcmcia network card (NE2000) problem

9. kppp problem-have to log in twice

10. Have to log on twice

11. /var/log/messages > syslogd restarts twice in 3 hours

12. log or system messages posted twice

13. How do I install everything without running everything?