dumb da dumb dumb newbie prob.

Post by ken clar » Sun, 06 May 2001 06:32:19

rh7 running apache2 on cable modem service w/o domain name yet. Finally got
users /home/*/public_html/ working.

However, if http://111.111.111.111/~user/ is sent, the user's public_html
index page is served. but if I drop off the tailing / as in /~user only, no
luck.

I am certain this is a simple one and all I need to do is edit httpd.conf
to accept BOTH.

So, which line & where?

all insults accepted if you include the fix.

Thanks!

Post by Joshua Sliv » Sun, 06 May 2001 07:05:58

> rh7 running apache2 on cable modem service w/o domain name yet. Finally got
> users /home/*/public_html/ working.
> However, if http://111.111.111.111/~user/ is sent, the user's public_html
> index page is served. but if I drop off the tailing / as in /~user only, no
> luck.
> I am certain this is a simple one and all I need to do is edit httpd.conf
> to accept BOTH.
> So, which line & where?

Try:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/misc/FAQ.html#set-servername

--
Joshua Slive

http://slive.ca/

1. DOOM DOOM DOOM DUMB DUMB DUMB!

                mount -r -t raving.human /dev/keyboard /soapbox

Do we have to have all this crap about a GAME cluttering up every single Linux
group?  I fail to see the relevance to c.o.l.admin, c.o.l.development,
c.o.l.a, etc.  It's a GAME, guys... NOT part of the OS!  If that's the most
important thing you do with Linux, I respectfully submit that you are
wasting a lot of money on a microcomputer... just go out and buy a Nintendo...
you'd probably be happier.

                                umount /soapbox

        - Mark

--
"Linux!     Guerrilla UNIX Development     Venimus, Vidimus, Dolavimus."

+1.404.371.0291                     33 45 31 N / 084 16 59 W

2. console apps die with "Caught Terminated... Exiting."

3. Connecting dumb VT220 dumb terminals to host over Frame Relay

4. This is probably not possible but I will ask anyway. If I built two fm transmitters like an fm bug that operate in the 108MHz. Can I interface it with a serial port and send data to another computer using like TCP/IP protocol is there any easy way of doin

5. dumb dumb question

6. Need help installing software on a PowerPC

7. Dumb terminal's not dumb enough!

8. need a risk assessment

9. Dumb Terminals or Dumb User ?

10. most users are DD (Dumb as Dogshit) pc users are dumb;dog shit is dumb;pc users are dogshit? You decide!

11. Dumb terminal probs? Read me

12. Kernel v2.1.29 compile error (prob dumb mistake on my part)

13. Dumb newbie mistake setting up TZ and clock