malformed header from script...

Post by Leandro Pereir » Mon, 02 Jun 1997 04:00:00

HI ALL!!!

We are having a big problem with cgi and perl scripts. They don't Run
and shows a message in my log file like:
[Sat May  3 18:58:52 1997] access to /usr/local/etc/httpd/cgi-bin/t-cgi
failed f
or sharon.rio.nutecnet.com.br, reason: malformed header from script. Bad
header=
teste

I'm using apache 1.1.1 in a SCO Unix.

If you could help me??? THANKS!

Bye
Leandro Pereira

--
/*******Live to Ride, Ride to Live*******\

       Leandro Sciammarella Pereira
              -NutecNet RIO-

     Administrador do Sistema/Sys Adm
            Tel: 55-21-515-1155
            Fax: 55-21-515-1144
      http://www.rio.nutecnet.com.br

\****************************************/

1. Help: Apache: cgi script - malformed header from script

Trying to get simple cgi to work...

I've written a simple shell script to output some basic html, but when I run
it I get this error message in the error log:

  malformed header from script. Bad header=<HTML>

I've looked in the FAQ and it's helpful in the sense that it states:
"the server was expecting a complete set of HTTP headers (one or more followed
by a blank line), and didn't get them."

Unfortunately, I don't know what an http header is or looks like, and the
Apache documentation isn't helpful in this respect. My shell script simply
wrties to stdout:

<title> a title </title>
some text

Also...

I've added a "ScriptLog logs/cgi_log" entry to the httpd.conf file, but there's
no output there (yes I've restarted the server). I've even touched the file so
that it exists (with the same permissions as the other log files) but no joy.

crashes when I open this newsgroup.

Alistair.

2. Problem using ipnat and ipf

3. Server Error:malformed header from script..Apache

4. A *** URGENT COMPILING URGENT ***

5. malformed header from script?

6. Flushing I/O buffers

7. Malformed header in script - HELP

8. New Cyclades Y and Z series drivers available

9. Malformed header from script??

10. Error: HTTPd: malformed header from script

11. Malformed header from this script?

12. malformed header from cgi

13. Malformed header