Using Postgres95 with Apache-1.1.1

Post by Greg Hartz » Sat, 03 Aug 1996 04:00:00

Hello all.  Just a quick question.  Is there anythintg I need to add
to Apache to be able to make queries from html pages in Postgres95?
Directions to a HOW-TO or a FAQ are just as good as an answer.

Thanks in advace for the help.

Greg Hartzog

Reasonable clients are a wonderful thing.
     I wish I had some reasonable clients.

Post by Petri T Suomine » Mon, 26 Aug 1996 04:00:00

> Hello all.  Just a quick question.  Is there anythintg I need to add
> to Apache to be able to make queries from html pages in Postgres95?
> Directions to a HOW-TO or a FAQ are just as good as an answer.

> Thanks in advace for the help.

> Greg Hartzog

> Reasonable clients are a wonderful thing.
>      I wish I had some reasonable clients.

Not really,

I've made a service (in Finnish, sorry) at http://pik.tky.hut.fi
that uses Apache and Postgres95. It's done by cgi-bin programs
and Postgres's C-interface. Postgres95 also has a Perl interface
that can be used.

Take a look, you can't sign up for the things cause they are
password protected, but you can see it all in action.

Petri Suominen Helsinki Finland R178 10.9 NM HEL VOR

* jackpot.clinet.fi is powered by Linux, the choice of a GNU generation
*

Post by Marc G. Fourni » Tue, 27 Aug 1996 04:00:00

>> Hello all.  Just a quick question.  Is there anythintg I need to add
>> to Apache to be able to make queries from html pages in Postgres95?
>> Directions to a HOW-TO or a FAQ are just as good as an answer.

>> Thanks in advace for the help.

>> Greg Hartzog

>> Reasonable clients are a wonderful thing.
>>      I wish I had some reasonable clients.
>Not really,
>I've made a service (in Finnish, sorry) at http://pik.tky.hut.fi
>that uses Apache and Postgres95. It's done by cgi-bin programs
>and Postgres's C-interface. Postgres95 also has a Perl interface
>that can be used.

        There are several 3rd-party interfaces available for Postgres95
to connect it with a WWW server...

        Check out the Postgres95 web site for pointers to the various
"known" interfaces;

        http://www.ki.net/postgres95

--
Marc G. Fournier | POP Mail  Telnet Acct  DNS Hosting
System           |  WWW Services   Database Services  | Knowledge,