Help: Who corrupted my file?

Post by Muhlin Che » Tue, 09 Mar 1999 04:00:00

Hi,

   I ran an Apache 1.3 on a Linux to let people download a software
package and the
file got corrupted once a while. The modification date was not changed,
but
the "diff" command showed that the file was different from the original.

The file was around 8 MB and there were many downloads at the same time.

Was it Linux or Apache?  I replaced the hard drive and only allowed http
access to
the computer by using the Linux packet filtering (firewall) module. Is
there a way
to have Apache cache the file, so it does not need to read the file for
each request?
I am lost without a clue.

Any help will be very much appreciated!

--muhlin

1. Passwd file corrupt Please Help

A machine on our network has some how managed to get its passwd file
corrupted and the entry in it for root no longer has /bin/bash (or any
other shell) called out on it. Since we can not log on as root we can
not change this (because of permissions). How can we fix this. Please
help.

Thank you in advance.

Chris

2. Extract one file from an RPM -- Not working

3. .db file corrupt .. help?

4. PCMCIA wireless network card

5. Help: RPM file corrupted by RedHat 3.0.3 upgrade script

6. Yes I have a "win"modem

7. 8mm tape corrupted tar header file - HELP!

8. need a dhcp program

9. Help! Corrupted EXT2 File System

10. HELP ! Passwd & Shadow file corrupted

11. SADC file corrupt?? Help!

12. HELP! corrupted /vmlinux file!!!

13. HELP! Corrupted /etc/passwd file on Solaris x86