Why apache(httpd) not responding?

Post by archa.. » Tue, 29 Feb 2000 04:00:00

I am writing HTTP client to talk to HTTP Server on the
same machine. (RH 6.1)

I could do connect to httpd properly and sent the HTTP
reuest using send call. The following is the request:
"GET index.html HTTP/1.0/r/n"

Then I do recv but it is hangging. Server is not responding
to this.

Opening netscape I could see server running well.
Is the problem with request? Why server is not responding?

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

1. Apache: httpd starts successfully but does not respond on requests

Hi, I have the following problem:

Synopsis:
Apache httpd starts successfully but does not respond on requests.

Full Description:
Server starts successfully by reporting on error log file:
"Server configured -- resuming normal operations"
but requests will not be handled. Also on "telnet <ip> 80" there
will be no response. All specified servers are starting.
I used NCSA httpd since 1994. With actual version 1.5.2a and no
problems.

System:
Linux deepspace 1.1.59 #24 Tue Nov 22 18:36:34 GMT+0100 1994 i486
gcc version 2.5.8

Example:
httpd configuration files in:
 http://www.esr.ruhr-uni-bochum.de/apache/

May be a socket problem ?

Any answer appreciated.

Christian
                         ???????
                        ?? _~_ ??

*---------------------oOOo-(_)-oOOo------------------------*

| Ruhr-University Bochum www.esr.ruhr-uni-bochum.de/esr/cs |
*----------------------------Oooo.-------------------------*
                 .oooO      (   )
                 (   )       ) /
                  \ (       (_/
                   \_)

2. Blocking out memory

3. httpd v1.5 does not respond

4. problems using hp890c in linux from windows box

5. httpd not responding

7. NIS server not responding (Why?)

8. Apache and NS/IS APIs

9. Why Adaptec AHA1542 scsi with Zip disk timing out/not responding

10. Q: Apache does not respond w/multiple ports

11. Apache 1.2b2 not responding to any SYNs in Linux 2.0.27!

12. Apache: Not Responding

13. Apache: why can't I re-start httpd?