1. Problem getting Server Side Include to work on IBM HTTP Server (Apache Build).
How do I debug a SSI HTML page? How do I know if my server is executing
mySSI? I have done the following according to the documentation.
1) I have check the httpd.conf file, the following settings are set
# To use server-parsed HTML files
AddType text/html .shtml
AddHandler server-parsed .shtml
2) My SHTML file (place in /usr/HTTPServer/htdocs) is as follow:
The date is:
<!--#exec cmd = "date" -->
-- the file has the x-bit set for all groups
With 1) and 2) I still could not get it to work. So a .htaccess file is
place in /usr/HTTPServer/htdocs
3) The content of the .htaccess file is as follows:
With 1), 2) and 3) the SHTML still does not work the way I want it to be.
Did I miss out anything in the configurations or code, anybody has similar
experience before? Please help.
The line '<!--#exec cmd = "date" -->' can be seen in the page source, and
there is no error message. "date" is the unix command to display the current
date. Does that implies that the IBM HTTP Server (Apache build) is not
parsing the shtml page at all?
Actually I am trying to insert a dynamic table into a static web page by
using Server Side Include to call a Perl program. The Perl program work fine
on its own, but nothing happens when I call it through SSI. Which is why I
am using the date command to troubleshoot the problem.
Does anyone has the similar problem before?
Actually I also notice that my Perl program does not display image file at
all, even if I have this statement in the Perl program print "Content-type:
2. PLease help setting up SSL
3. Netscape Enterprise Server - Server Side Includes
4. DOSEMU 0.60.0 compile problems
5. getting server side includes to work with apache server
6. Boot Diskette for Slack with Kernel 2.2.4
7. enabling server side includes broke my server
8. REQ: X Windows documentation
9. Server Side Includes on a NETSCAPE server
10. Netscape Server, server-side includes, document_uri envariable
11. Server-side includes / Server-Push Animation
12. Scripts and server-side includes with NCSA server
13. Netscape server has server-side include?