Need help, cannot access /~users/

Post by Michae » Mon, 25 May 1998 04:00:00

Hi,

I just set up my apache server, it can access the files from the root
directory fine but as soon as i try to look at www.mydomain.com/~user/ it
gives me this error "Forbidden You don't have permission to access
/~user/ on this server.".  I have a /home/user/public_html and did a
chmod 755 on it and i have an index.html file in that dir and i did a
chmod 755 on it too.  What is going on? I have seen a few people on here
who have had this problem .. how did they fix it?

Thanks for any help,
Michael.

1. cannot set up UMASK or groups so that users from one group cannot access other groups

Hi

First let me describe what I would like to set up to clarify things:

Scenario:

I would like to set up 3 groups, lets call them A, B, C. Users from A should
have access files created by users in B or C. Users in B or C cannot access
files created by users in A. Also users in B or C should not have access to
each others files.

How would I set up Umask to handle this? I've tried to create a primary
group for all and secondary groups to reflect the permissions I'm after, but
to no avail.

Any ideas?

Many thanks in advance.

Jon

2. math function on elinos kernel

3. HELP, cannot access Netscape Fasttrack server, need password.

4. lazy malloc(): Defect Report, anyone?

5. PROFTPD: Some users cannot upload files, some users cannot get directory listing

6. Command to identfy which lib*.a are in use...

7. Help needed with PCI (AIX-Access for DOS users) printing

8. HTB.init Help

9. Floppy Access to Linux Users ...Need Help

10. Add a new user that cannot access any other directory than home dir

11. Non-root Users Cannot Gain Access

12. Printer access - users cannot print

13. Non-root Users Cannot Gain Access