Compiling Apache-2.0.35 with LDAP modules (httpd-ldap)

Compiling Apache-2.0.35 with LDAP modules (httpd-ldap)

Post by Hubert Quarantel-Colomban » Fri, 26 Apr 2002 18:40:07

Hello,

    I used tu use an LDAP module to do authentication with Apache-1.3.x
and it warked just fine !

    As a very curious person, I'm trying to get to use Apache-2.0.35.
But I still need to do LDAP authentication.

    I read the manual pages shipped in Apache distribution, and learnt
that mod_ldap and mao_auth_ldap are no longer part of the stantard
Apache 2 distribution. So I "CVS checked out" some source code named
httpd-ldap, as indicated in the manual pages.

    My problem is now where must I store the top-level directory
(httpd-ldap, and its subdirectories ldap-aaa and ldap-cache) in the main
Apache 2.0.35 source tree ? And how do I get the
configuration/compilation process to use those modules ?? I tried
several ways, but none succeeded...

    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much.

Hubert.

--
=======================================================================================================
This electronic transmission and any files attached to it are strictly confidential and intended solely for the addressee.

Compiling Apache-2.0.35 with LDAP modules (httpd-ldap)

Post by Saqib A » Sun, 28 Apr 2002 03:56:53

good luck trying to figure to get mod_auth_ldap up and running on
Apache 2.0.

I have tried all kinds of ./configure foo, but with no results. I even
tried to compile the httpd-ldap using apxs, but the code doesnt even
compile.

ldap-aaa compiles
# /usr/local/apache2/bin/apxs -i -a -c mod_auth_ldap.c

but ldap-cache doesn't compile at all
# /usr/local/apache2/bin/apxs -i -a -c ldap_util.c ldap_util_cache.c
ldap_util_cache_mgr.c

{and bunch of compilation error come up}

if you find something, let me know. Thanks

In Peace,
Saqib Ali

> Hello,

>     I used tu use an LDAP module to do authentication with Apache-1.3.x
> and it warked just fine !

>     As a very curious person, I'm trying to get to use Apache-2.0.35.
> But I still need to do LDAP authentication.

>     I read the manual pages shipped in Apache distribution, and learnt
> that mod_ldap and mao_auth_ldap are no longer part of the stantard
> Apache 2 distribution. So I "CVS checked out" some source code named
> httpd-ldap, as indicated in the manual pages.

>     My problem is now where must I store the top-level directory
> (httpd-ldap, and its subdirectories ldap-aaa and ldap-cache) in the main
> Apache 2.0.35 source tree ? And how do I get the
> configuration/compilation process to use those modules ?? I tried
> several ways, but none succeeded...

>     Any help would be greatly appreciated.

> Thank you very much.

> Hubert.

> --
> =======================================================================================================
> This electronic transmission and any files attached to it are strictly confidential and intended solely for the addressee.
> If you are not the intended addressee, you must not disclose, copy or take any action in reliance of this transmission.
> If you have received this transmission in error, please notify us by return and delete the same.
> The views expressed in this electronic transmission do not necessarily reflect those of Atos Origin or any of its subsidiary companies.
> Although the sender endeavours to maintain a computer virus free network, the sender does not warrant that this transmission is virus-free and will not be liable for any damages resulting from any virus transmitted.
> Thank You.
> =======================================================================================================

Compiling Apache-2.0.35 with LDAP modules (httpd-ldap)

Post by Rob De Langh » Sat, 15 Jun 2002 19:18:00

Hi all,

there are numerous messages on this newsgroup about getting LDAP modules compiled and included into Apache v2 (35 or 36), but I do not see any answers from Apache-developers at all...
Don't they have any clue about solutions, or do they ignore support for LDAP into Apache2 ? If so, where should we seek advise on how to get the so-called included but not distributed LDAP modules in Apache-2 ??

Or should we trash Apache-2 if we want our web server to work with LDAP, and go into Netscape ?

I think many people together with me are eagerly waiting for any respons from the Apache-team ...

Regards to you all,

Rob

> good luck trying to figure to get mod_auth_ldap up and running on
> Apache 2.0.

> I have tried all kinds of ./configure foo, but with no results. I even
> tried to compile the httpd-ldap using apxs, but the code doesnt even
> compile.

> ldap-aaa compiles
> # /usr/local/apache2/bin/apxs -i -a -c mod_auth_ldap.c

> but ldap-cache doesn't compile at all
> # /usr/local/apache2/bin/apxs -i -a -c ldap_util.c ldap_util_cache.c
> ldap_util_cache_mgr.c

> {and bunch of compilation error come up}

> if you find something, let me know. Thanks

> In Peace,
> Saqib Ali

> > Hello,

> >     I used tu use an LDAP module to do authentication with Apache-1.3.x
> > and it warked just fine !

> >     As a very curious person, I'm trying to get to use Apache-2.0.35.
> > But I still need to do LDAP authentication.

> >     I read the manual pages shipped in Apache distribution, and learnt
> > that mod_ldap and mao_auth_ldap are no longer part of the stantard
> > Apache 2 distribution. So I "CVS checked out" some source code named
> > httpd-ldap, as indicated in the manual pages.

> >     My problem is now where must I store the top-level directory
> > (httpd-ldap, and its subdirectories ldap-aaa and ldap-cache) in the main
> > Apache 2.0.35 source tree ? And how do I get the
> > configuration/compilation process to use those modules ?? I tried
> > several ways, but none succeeded...

> >     Any help would be greatly appreciated.

> > Thank you very much.

> > Hubert.

> > --
> > =======================================================================================================
> > This electronic transmission and any files attached to it are strictly confidential and intended solely for the addressee.
> > If you are not the intended addressee, you must not disclose, copy or take any action in reliance of this transmission.
> > If you have received this transmission in error, please notify us by return and delete the same.
> > The views expressed in this electronic transmission do not necessarily reflect those of Atos Origin or any of its subsidiary companies.
> > Although the sender endeavours to maintain a computer virus free network, the sender does not warrant that this transmission is virus-free and will not be liable for any damages resulting from any virus transmitted.
> > Thank You.
> > =======================================================================================================

1. compiling PHP on Solaris with LDAP, but not SUN ldap

Hi,

trying to get PHP working with LDAP but to compile it the PHP doc says
must use Ldap libraries other than Sun's.  They mention specifically 3
types - University of Michigan  ldap-3.3 package,  Netscape Directory
SDK 3.0 or  OpenLDAP.

Does anyone know of Sun's are based enough on any of these for them to
work, and if not then would installing one of those mentioned mess up
anything on Solaris 9 since it seems to ship with it's own?

Thanks,

Tom

2. asmodem

3. OpenLDAP or SUN ONE DS5.2 HOW-TO updated with sudo+LDAP and apache+LDAP info

4. /etc/passwd

5. SUN LDAP, Netscape LDAP (SUN), OPENLDAP, which one?????

6. Listprocessor V6.0c

7. LDAP over SSL using OpenLDAP/OpenSSL/Cyrus SASL with Netscape's LDAP server

8. ATX automatic powerdown

9. Anyone experience with compiling ldap modules?

10. NIS v/s LDAP and LDAP compatible to pre-Solaris 8

11. question on ldap/postfix/ease of use for end users regarding ldap

12. LDAP, fnaddr, X.500 to LDAP issues

13. URIs/LDAP/REWRITE -> dispatching request depending on LDAP ATTRIBUTES