NS Enterprise 3.01 question

Post by Doug Geist » Fri, 13 Feb 1998 04:00:00

One of our users put this into their html doc to display the date and
time the file was modified. On the old NCSA server we have, it works
fine. But under the netscape enterprise server, it shows as 12/31/69.

Here's what's in the html:

<Script
Language="liveScript">document.write(document.lastModified)</Script>

Any thoughts?

NS Enterprise 3.01 question

Post by Doug Barne » Sat, 14 Feb 1998 04:00:00

> One of our users put this into their html doc to display the date and
> time the file was modified. On the old NCSA server we have, it works
> fine. But under the netscape enterprise server, it shows as 12/31/69.

> Here's what's in the html:

> <Script
> Language="liveScript">document.write(document.lastModified)</Script>

> Any thoughts?

Did you check the time on the server???  Maybe it's incorrect.  M
--
Remove the NOSPAM to E-mail me.  Tired of the MLM schemes.

NS Enterprise 3.01 question

Post by Doug Geist » Tue, 17 Feb 1998 04:00:00

If that were the case, all sorts of stuff would be breaking. No, the time
is correct.

Thanks,
doug

Doug Barnes

Post by Dave Terre » Wed, 18 Feb 1998 04:00:00

>One of our users put this into their html doc to display the date and
>time the file was modified. On the old NCSA server we have, it works
>fine. But under the netscape enterprise server, it shows as 12/31/69.

>Here's what's in the html:

><Script
>Language="liveScript">document.write(document.lastModified)</Script>

>Any thoughts?

Have you examined the headers netscape enterprise server is returning
to make sure it is including the Last Modified date?

--
Dave Terrell

NS Enterprise 3.01 question

Post by Ulf Leonhard » Fri, 20 Feb 1998 04:00:00

Looks suspiciously like a "-1" error return. Ulf

> >One of our users put this into their html doc to display the date and
> >time the file was modified. On the old NCSA server we have, it works
> >fine. But under the netscape enterprise server, it shows as 12/31/69.

> >Here's what's in the html:

> ><Script
> >Language="liveScript">document.write(document.lastModified)</Script>

> >Any thoughts?

> Have you examined the headers netscape enterprise server is returning
> to make sure it is including the Last Modified date?

> --
> Dave Terrell

 Imperial College    | Phone:         +44 171 594 8249
 Dept. of Computing  | Fax:           +44 171 581 8024
 180 Queens Gate     |
 London SW7 2BZ, UK  | http://www-dse.doc.ic.ac.uk/~ul

1. NS Enterprise Server 2.01 to 3.01 upgrade question

I'm about it install the v3.01 of the Enterprise server. We currently
have the 2.01 version running. Since I've made a number of write
permision changes to the directory structure for the users, how do I go
about moving those changes over to the new server? Are there specific
files that need to be copied over?

Thanks
doug

2. PC Pilotti

3. NS enterprise 3.01 to 3.51

4. Acer Altos 330, can't find floppy controller

5. NS enterprise 3.01: nsconfig not working

6. Need util to merge UNIX group file

7. NS Enterprise upgrade 3.01 > 3.5.1

8. Improving Sound Quality

9. NS Enterprise 3.01 PUT error

10. NS Enterprise 2.01 > 3.01 server migration

11. NS Enterprise 3.01 file permissions

12. cataloging on NS Enterprise 3.01

13. NS Entprise 3.01 server question/problem