Is GET Request size limited?

Post by Marc Eggenberge » Thu, 27 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Hi there ....

I have a apache 1.3.6 system (yes, I know there are newer ones) running
and GET requests are truncated at 255bytes. Is this a RFC limit or by
apache? If by apache, can I change it? If yes, how?

--
mfg
Marc Eggenberger

Is GET Request size limited?

Post by Joshua Sliv » Thu, 27 Apr 2000 04:00:00

> Hi there ....
> I have a apache 1.3.6 system (yes, I know there are newer ones) running
> and GET requests are truncated at 255bytes. Is this a RFC limit or by
> apache? If by apache, can I change it? If yes, how?

Apache does limit the size of the request line using the directive
http://www.apache.org/docs/mod/core.html#limitrequestline

However, your problem is much more likely to be a misbehaved
CGI script that is trying to read into too small of buffer or
some such problem.

--
Joshua Slive

http://finance.commerce.ubc.ca/~slive/

Is GET Request size limited?

Post by Axel Becker » Sat, 29 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Hi;

Quote:> I have a apache 1.3.6 system (yes, I know there are newer ones) running
> and GET requests are truncated at 255bytes. Is this a RFC limit or by
> apache?

AFAIK, the length of an GET request is delimited to 256 bytes (maybe
255 bytes plus string terminator) by some RFC (IIRC the RFC for
HTTP/1.0), for more request data you should use the POST method.

                Regards, Axel
--

1. Apache JServ Limited the Size of POST Requests?

I've noticed like others that there appears to be a post size limit
when using Apache Jserv.  Has anyone else found this and is there a
work around?  I'm running the latest Apache/Jserv on RedHat 6.1.

I haven't noticed any way to increase the size of the post request.

John Mehan

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. VPN firewall/masq rules?

3. Current Shell

4. Limiting the size of I/O requests to SCSI driver

5. imq usage grows dramatically

6. array size limits? Getting arg list too long

7. X-win32 with XDMCP broadcast

8. Limits on filesystem size/physical volume size under Sol 8?

9. Largest file size and partition size limits on Solaris 2.X?

10. File size limit and NFS export limit with Solaris 2.5

11. maximum disk request size and memory alllocation size

12. backup script that limit the tar-balls sizes below a limit