apache proxy server and http/1.1

Post by Feng Zho » Fri, 17 Jul 1998 04:00:00

Hi,

I'm using apache in the proxy server mode.  Is apache proxy server
http/1.1 compliant?

TIA,

--
Feng Zhou
Internet Systems, SGI                        http://reality.sgi.com/fz

apache proxy server and http/1.1

Post by Marc Slemk » Fri, 17 Jul 1998 04:00:00

Quote:>Hi,
>I'm using apache in the proxy server mode.  Is apache proxy server
>http/1.1 compliant?

No, and it is arguably barely HTTP/1.0 compliant.

apache proxy server and http/1.1

Post by Feng Zho » Fri, 17 Jul 1998 04:00:00

> >Hi,

> >I'm using apache in the proxy server mode.  Is apache proxy server
> >http/1.1 compliant?

> No, and it is arguably barely HTTP/1.0 compliant.

Any plans for the proxy module and its caching component to be 1.1
compliant, thanks?

apache proxy server and http/1.1

Post by Marc Slemk » Fri, 17 Jul 1998 04:00:00

>> >Hi,

>> >I'm using apache in the proxy server mode.  Is apache proxy server
>> >http/1.1 compliant?

>> No, and it is arguably barely HTTP/1.0 compliant.

>Any plans for the proxy module and its caching component to be 1.1
>compliant, thanks?

Sure.  The plan is to make them compliant as soon as someone does it.

It is unlikely to happen in the 1.3 timeframe, but if someone steps up
to do the work it is possible for 2.0.  There is a lot of work besides
1.1 compliance that is required to make it useful, but it certainly
would be good to have a decent reference implementation of a 1.1
proxy.

1. apache http proxy - http/1.0 vs http/1.1

Hello,

I have setup an apache proxy, which seems to work fine. But, I found
out that it doesn't not answer back http/1.1 with a http/1.1 response.
The request comes in as 1.1, but the proxy answer back with 1.0. Is
there some special configuration I need to set in httpd.conf for it
to answer with a 1.1 response?

When I send traffic to the backend machine it will answer with a 1.1
response just fine. We are using the same version of apache for both
the proxy and actual backend server.

Any hints as to what I'm missing? Thanks.

-Dan

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. ANNOUNCE: GNU file utilities 3.13 released

3. Apache Proxy question: HTTP/1.1 -> HTTP/1.0

4. Can I tell directory listing in apache to use image as background?

5. apache proxy module support HTTP 1.1??

6. dhcpcd problem

7. apache proxy and http/1.1

8. Online Backup 2.0, y2k

9. Does apache 1.3.19 support HTTP/1.1 if configured as reverse proxy

10. Apache reverse proxy does not communicate with web apps using HTTP 1.1 keepalive

11. Proxy module with HTTP/1.1 for Apache?

12. Schedule for HTTP/1.1 support in Apache Proxy module?

13. Apache Proxy server that will transform an HTTP request in a HTTPS request