Is this Http or Https in an apache module?

Is this Http or Https in an apache module?

Post by Bengt-Arne Fjellne » Tue, 08 Jul 2003 07:41:33

Hi im trying to write an authorization module for apache 2.0
I want it to reject everything unless it is over https
Problem I cant find out if it is http or https Where is that info ??

Sorry if this is a faq but i cant find that faq.

Post by D. Stuss » Tue, 08 Jul 2003 08:56:38

> Hi im trying to write an authorization module for apache 2.0
> I want it to reject everything unless it is over https
> Problem I cant find out if it is http or https Where is that info ??

> Sorry if this is a faq but i cant find that faq.

Look for:  "mod_ssl" (Apache - all versions), or "apache_ssl" (version 1 only).

Post by Bengt-Arne Fjellne » Tue, 08 Jul 2003 09:07:25

> > Hi im trying to write an authorization module for apache 2.0
> > I want it to reject everything unless it is over https
> > Problem I cant find out if it is http or https Where is that info ??

> > Sorry if this is a faq but i cant find that faq.

> Look for:  "mod_ssl" (Apache - all versions), or "apache_ssl" (version 1

only).

That not what i'm looking for (I think)
It's inside a authentication module i want to check. perhaps somewhere in
the request req or something but i cant find it...
I dont want to compile in mod_ssl.h becuse it needs ssl.h and other files

Reason: i want a define inside the source file:
#define DontBlameMe  that if not set makes this module unusable for http
(Thats becuse it will use real passwords)

Post by Paul Rubi » Tue, 08 Jul 2003 11:23:14

> Hi im trying to write an authorization module for apache 2.0
> I want it to reject everything unless it is over https
> Problem I cant find out if it is http or https Where is that info ??

> Sorry if this is a faq but i cant find that faq.

Use the SSLRequireSSL directive.

Post by D. Stuss » Thu, 10 Jul 2003 10:40:54

> > > Hi im trying to write an authorization module for apache 2.0
> > > I want it to reject everything unless it is over https
> > > Problem I cant find out if it is http or https Where is that info ??

> > > Sorry if this is a faq but i cant find that faq.

> > Look for:  "mod_ssl" (Apache - all versions), or "apache_ssl" (version 1
> only).

> That not what i'm looking for (I think)
> It's inside a authentication module i want to check. perhaps somewhere in
> the request req or something but i cant find it...
> I dont want to compile in mod_ssl.h becuse it needs ssl.h and other files

> Reason: i want a define inside the source file:
> #define DontBlameMe  that if not set makes this module unusable for http
> (Thats becuse it will use real passwords)

Then what you want (as I understand it) is the "require SSL" directive that
exists in these modules.  They can be defined on a per-directory basis and in
.htaccess files (and even be restricted by the <Files ....> directive).

1. apache http proxy - http/1.0 vs http/1.1

Hello,

I have setup an apache proxy, which seems to work fine. But, I found
out that it doesn't not answer back http/1.1 with a http/1.1 response.
The request comes in as 1.1, but the proxy answer back with 1.0. Is
there some special configuration I need to set in httpd.conf for it
to answer with a 1.1 response?

When I send traffic to the backend machine it will answer with a 1.1
response just fine. We are using the same version of apache for both
the proxy and actual backend server.

Any hints as to what I'm missing? Thanks.

-Dan

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. Cannot FTP out thru a IPMASQ setup

3. Apache-SSL for both HTTP and HTTPS?

4. pppd & shadow probs !

5. HTTP redirecting to HTTPS directly in apache 2

6. What happens to ur Login Process when an asnyc connection is Disrupted

7. http:// and https:// for servlets compiled in apache

8. Anyone who is the owner of a Turbo TC-800 8-port serial card?

9. Running apache as http://hostname and http://ip-address

10. Apache redirect rule from http to https

11. Re-directing http to https using apache and other things

12. Apache Proxy server that will transform an HTTP request in a HTTPS request

13. http 2 https with apache