Apache, PHP & module order

Post by Eddie Buckle » Fri, 15 Sep 2000 04:00:00

I was trying to get Apache + PHP to work with virtual hosting and the
only way I could do this without Apache segfaulting was to place
mod_php3 at the top of the AddModule & LoadModule lists. I noticed
the comment saying not to change the module order unless you know
what you are doing. My question is will placing mod_php3 at the
top of the modules list cause any problems with the other modules?
It's been running like this for about a day now and so far I havent
noticed any problems. Anyone have any insights about this?

Eddie Buckley
--
We the Unwilling, led by the Unknowing,
are doing the Impossible for the Ungrateful.

1. How to compile Apache & Modules PHP PERL SSL Solution

Well,
    I have read I don't know how many countless posts on people trying to
accomplish compiling modperl modssl and modphp.  And after reading bits here
and there, I have wrote just a small routine for those of you who are having
trouble.  This was compiled on a Sun Solaris 2.8 box with Sun Forte's
compiler, but I imagine it should work on just about all platforms.

    If you want to download the exact specific versions of the Modules and

http://ThinkShells.com/howtocompileapache.php

--Compile Order--

tar xf apache_1.3.22.tar
tar xf mod_ssl-2.8.5-1.3.22.tar
tar xf modperl_20011121051928.tar
tar xf openssl-0.9.6b.tar
tar xf php-4.0.6.tar

cd apache_1.3.22
./configure --prefix=/usr/local/apache

cd ../openssl-0.9.6b # (Please note 64bit support did not work when trying
to compile as a static module in Apache, so compile this in 32bit)
./config
make
make install

cd ../mod_ssl-2.8.5-1.3.22
./configure --with-apache=../apache_1.3.22 --with-ssl=../openssl-0.9.6b

cd ../php-4.0.6
./configure --with-mysql=/usr/local/mysql --with-apache=../apache_1.3.22 --e
nable-track-vars
make
make install

cd ../modperl
perl Makefile.PL USE_APACI=1 EVERYTHING=1 SSL_BASE=/usr/local/ssl
APACI_ARGS=--enable-module=rewrite,--enable-module=ssl,--activate-module=src
/modules/php4/libphp4.a
make
make install

# On one server this worked the other I received an error when trying to
compile the modphp.  If you get this error do the following
* cd ../php-4.0.6
* make install

# then proceed back to modperl
cd ../modperl
make
make install

cd ../apache_1.3.22
make
make install

Verify all modules compiled in correctly by issuing the following command:
/usr/local/apache/bin/httpd -l

The results should look something like this:

/usr/local/apache/bin/httpd -l

Compiled-in modules:
  http_core.c
  mod_env.c
  mod_log_config.c
  mod_mime.c
  mod_negotiation.c
  mod_status.c
  mod_include.c
  mod_autoindex.c
  mod_dir.c
  mod_cgi.c
  mod_asis.c
  mod_imap.c
  mod_actions.c
  mod_userdir.c
  mod_alias.c
  mod_rewrite.c
  mod_access.c
  mod_auth.c
  mod_setenvif.c
  mod_ssl.c
  mod_perl.c
  mod_php4.c
suexec: disabled; invalid wrapper /usr/local/apache/bin/suexec

You can see the last three modules are ssl, perl, and php!  Congradulations,
you now have SSL, Perl, and PHP modules compiled in Apache ready for a full
E-Commerce website!

--
ThinkShells.com
Internet Service with a personal touch

2. Please help with Dell SV15 Monitor- beg-beg

3. Apache module or PHP module ?

4. Trident TGUI 9440 chip

5. Apache w/ PHP and SSL: w/ PHP OK - w/out PHP NOK

6. Workstations: good reasons for owner root access

7. Apache compile & Php & mysql

8. Linux and Windows 2000 on one notebook?

9. Apache & PHP & HP-UX: Bad Mojo?

10. Apache & mysql & php not working

11. modules order in apache..

12. Apache 2, SSI inconsistency maybe from module order

13. Apache module order with AddModule