ATTN: Beta testers needed for WEBMAPPER FOR UNIX

ATTN: Beta testers needed for WEBMAPPER FOR UNIX

Post by Joel Pysk » Wed, 31 Jul 1996 04:00:00

Hello,

As the title suggests, beta-testers are needed for NetCarta's
WebMapper(tm) for UNIX application.  I'm posting the original message
that was sent out to many webmasters about one week ago.  If your

phone number are located within the body of the following message.  He
is coordinating the beta testing program.

Thanks for your interest!!!
Joel Pyska
Okay Webmaster,

We're using humor (but with a point) to find beta testers for Netcarta's
WebMapper(tm)for Unix.  We created this program to make website
management easier, faster, and more efficient.  It delivers.

What you do with the extra time is your business.  Please, just take a
moment to read the following product specs and decide whether this beta
program will give you back more time than you put into it.

WebMapper uses "spiders" that create a map of your website and provide
HTML-based site-management functions including many that are automated.
The Evaluation period will begin on 8/1 and run until approximately
8/27. NetCarta's WebMapper for UNIX is available on Sun Solaris 2.5,
HP-UX 9.05, and SGI IRIX 6.2.

If  you are interested in beta testing WebMapper for Unix, contact me at

to others you know that might be good candidates. A summary of the
product's features is enclosed in this note.    Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,
Doug Greene
NetCarta

WebMaster's tunnel nightmare: "The light at the end of the tunnel is an
oncoming train."

MAIN LETTER STARTS HERE:

BENEFITS AND FEATURES OF WEBMAPPER FOR UNIX

BENEFITS: NetCarta WebMapper for Unix helps Webmasters tackle Web
management problems with speed and efficiency.  After creating a
NetCarta WebMap of your site, WebMapper shows the relationships among
Web objects, analyzes and verifies hypertext links, and helps manage
content.  Other benefits include an easy-to-interpret HTML interface and
command-line utility AND automation of map creation and report
generation.  Bottom line: WebMapper gives you all-encompassing
site-management capability on the platform of choice and accommodates a
wide range of skill levels and automation needs.

FEATURES

1)  Analyzes and verifies links; shows broken links in a site report and
through visual highlighting.  Reverifies links without having to re-map
entire site.

2)  Visualization:  Shows entire structure of site at a glance (in HTML
format with object icons) to ease understanding and aid in design.

3) Automatic Site Reporting on Site Statistics (via CGI script or chron
job) designed both for on-line use as management and analysis aids and
for review in hardcopy format.  All reports are cross-linked to maximize
usability in analysis and problem resolution.  A subset of these reports
are site statistics, index of pages, media reports, link analyssis
reports, and changes & modifications.

4)  Site Copy: Copy entire site onto hard drive or CD-ROM.

5)  Authentication:  Stores authentication options (either supply UserID
& password automatically or prompt when needed) for multiple servers'
Access Control List (ACL) specifications.

6)  Manages local and remote sites:  Manage any Web server from anywhere
on the Web.

7)  Use either intuitive HTML interface or UNIX command line.

8)  Multiple Servers & Platforms:  Works for any combination of vendors'
HTTP servers and hardware platforms.

9)  Platforms: Solaris 2.5, HP/UX 9.05, IRIX 6.2

ATTN: Beta testers needed for WEBMAPPER FOR UNIX

Post by Joel Pysk » Wed, 31 Jul 1996 04:00:00

Hello,

As the title suggests, beta-testers are needed for NetCarta's
WebMapper(tm) for UNIX application.  I'm posting the original message
that was sent out to many webmasters about one week ago.  If your

phone number are located within the body of the following message.  He
is coordinating the beta testing program.

Thanks for your interest!!!
Joel Pyska
PS: Sorry about the second post I needed to change the contact email

[...]

1. Beta site: Beta testers needed!

We need beta testers to visit this site:

http://www.betabeta.com/

We have a list of over 160 active beta tests, a free newsletter (which you

"SUBSCRIBE BETANET" in the message, or by visiting the site), a beta
newsgroup listing, searching capabilities, and more!  We won the Platinum
Top 100 Sites of 1996 Award, too!

--
Tim Cassedy-Blum
Webmaster, BetaNet

http://www.betabeta.com/

2. WANTED: hardware wish lists ...

3. Attn: KDE users, testers needed

4. Routing problems with pppd in server mode

5. Beta Central - Beta Testers Resource

6. How to prevent user root deleting file(s)

7. PKWARE, Inc. looking for UNIX Beta Testers

8. NCSA httpd 1.5

9. Beta Testers Needed

10. Need beta testers: sasteroids with sound

11. Beta testers needed for security tool

12. Solaris C++/G++ Users Needed For Beta-Testers

13. Beta Testers Needed