User and Group Access to /httpd

Post by James Bank » Wed, 19 Nov 1997 04:00:00

Just upgraded to Redhat 4.2. with apache.  Users in the httpd group no
longer have the permission to send files to the httpd directories.  Is
apache controlling this level of access?

Jim

1. cannot set up UMASK or groups so that users from one group cannot access other groups

Hi

First let me describe what I would like to set up to clarify things:

Scenario:

I would like to set up 3 groups, lets call them A, B, C. Users from A should
have access files created by users in B or C. Users in B or C cannot access
files created by users in A. Also users in B or C should not have access to
each others files.

How would I set up Umask to handle this? I've tried to create a primary
group for all and secondary groups to reflect the permissions I'm after, but
to no avail.

Any ideas?

Many thanks in advance.

Jon

2. SCSI CDRW Locks up Redhat 6.1

3. CERN httpd 3.0 on HP-UX 9.05: Restricting access to group of machines

4. How to setup telnet?

5. user and group management - how to emulate groups into groups in linux ?

6. authentication handler

7. LOCAL (TX): Announcing Linux Users Group in Midland/Odessa Texas (Permian Basin Linux Users Group)

8. TIS http-gw / inetd : socket error

9. User and Group in httpd.conf

10. When creating accounts via WebMin (/home/<user>/public_html (group is httpd)

11. Apache: User/Group directive in plain httpd.conf and VirtualHost

12. HTTPd 1.5 dumps core when httpd.conf has "Group #-1"

13. File Access - Does Owner Access Override Group Access?