Sending uploaded files from one Apache WebServer to another Apache WebServer

Sending uploaded files from one Apache WebServer to another Apache WebServer

Post by Amar Nall » Fri, 22 Dec 2000 04:28:48

Hi,

   I am working on a problem in which I have to send a bunch of
uploaded files from one webserver to another webserver. The files are
initially sent from the client to the first site by POSTing them. The
webserver at this site processes the files and sends them to another
webserver the address of which is already known. I would like to again
POST these files from the current site to the next one. Can Apache
play the role of a client trying to POST files to another site. I
think that none of the existing modules can handle this situation, but
I am ready to write a custom module to achieve the goal.
   Any pointers will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Amar

Post by Miles R. Fidelm » Fri, 22 Dec 2000 05:03:53

:    I am working on a problem in which I have to send a bunch of
: uploaded files from one webserver to another webserver. The files are
: initially sent from the client to the first site by POSTing them. The
: webserver at this site processes the files and sends them to another
: webserver the address of which is already known. I would like to again
: POST these files from the current site to the next one. Can Apache
: play the role of a client trying to POST files to another site. I
: think that none of the existing modules can handle this situation, but
: I am ready to write a custom module to achieve the goal.
:    Any pointers will be greatly appreciated.

I expect that PHP will do this. You can also check cpan for Perl modules
that will do the job.

Sending uploaded files from one Apache WebServer to another Apache WebServer

Post by Miguel Cr » Fri, 22 Dec 2000 12:06:38

Quote:> I am working on a problem in which I have to send a bunch of
> uploaded files from one webserver to another webserver. The files are
> initially sent from the client to the first site by POSTing them. The
> webserver at this site processes the files and sends them to another
> webserver the address of which is already known. I would like to again
> POST these files from the current site to the next one. Can Apache
> play the role of a client trying to POST files to another site.

I think you'll find the shortest path will involve PHP and the cURL library.

miguel