Strange error messages in error.log

Post by Daniel ?stma » Sat, 05 May 2001 05:51:48

I get these strange error messages in error.log, and it's LOTS of them... my
drive gets filled because of these error msgs:

critical_acquire() failed: Numerical result out of range
critical_release() failed: Numerical result out of range

Anyone have an idea of whats wrong?... the webserver is quite loaded I can
say...

Regards,
Daniel

Post by adam » Sat, 05 May 2001 06:38:16

> I get these strange error messages in error.log, and it's LOTS of them... my
> drive gets filled because of these error msgs:

> critical_acquire() failed: Numerical result out of range
> critical_release() failed: Numerical result out of range

> Anyone have an idea of whats wrong?... the webserver is quite loaded I can
> say...

Humm, I grep'ed through the apache src for 1.3.19 and couldn't seem to
find a match on "critical_acquire".  Knowing the following might help
people to help you:

1) Your OS and version
2) Apache version
3) Non-default modules you've added to Apache (ssl, mod_perl, php, etc)

You might also check your LogLevel and make sure it isn't on debug if
you're worrying about filling up your drive space.

--
-adam                 | "Be liberal in what you accept, and
Systems Administrator |  conservative in what you send"

Strange error messages in error.log

Post by GArlingto » Sun, 06 May 2001 22:48:06

You do not have MySQL installed by any chance - I had similar error messages
on my Win test machine after I added new RAM to total 640MB.
It seems that MySQL is allocating buffers depending on amount of RAM
available and after certain RAM size it causes the buffer size to overflow.
May be your error is different.
G.A.

Quote:> I get these strange error messages in error.log, and it's LOTS of them...
my
> drive gets filled because of these error msgs:

> critical_acquire() failed: Numerical result out of range
> critical_release() failed: Numerical result out of range

> Anyone have an idea of whats wrong?... the webserver is quite loaded I can
> say...

> Regards,
> Daniel

Strange error messages in error.log

Post by Daniel ?stma » Fri, 18 May 2001 07:25:33

Well I forgot to mention what kind of system I'm running.. etc..

Linux Redhat 7.0 kernel 2.2.22 with apache 1.3.19.

Compiled-in modules:
  http_core.c
  mod_env.c
  mod_log_config.c
  mod_mime.c
  mod_negotiation.c
  mod_status.c
  mod_include.c
  mod_autoindex.c
  mod_dir.c
  mod_cgi.c
  mod_asis.c
  mod_imap.c
  mod_actions.c
  mod_userdir.c
  mod_alias.c
  mod_access.c
  mod_auth.c
  mod_so.c
  mod_setenvif.c
  mod_layout.c
  mod_php4.c
  mod_throttle.c

And yes I have MySQL also...

Anyone else who can help me out?

Regards,
Daniel

> You do not have MySQL installed by any chance - I had similar error
messages
> on my Win test machine after I added new RAM to total 640MB.
> It seems that MySQL is allocating buffers depending on amount of RAM
> available and after certain RAM size it causes the buffer size to
overflow.
> May be your error is different.
> G.A.

> > I get these strange error messages in error.log, and it's LOTS of
them...
> my
> > drive gets filled because of these error msgs:

> > critical_acquire() failed: Numerical result out of range
> > critical_release() failed: Numerical result out of range

> > Anyone have an idea of whats wrong?... the webserver is quite loaded I
can
> > say...

> > Regards,
> > Daniel

1. Strange error messages in Apache error log

Hi All,

I have built and configured Apache 1.3.19 with mod_ssl and OpenSSL on
Solaris 7.

Apache Web Server could be accessed using http. But trying to access
AWS using HTTPS from a browser gives error message "A network error
occurred while Netscape was receiving data. (Network Error: I/O
error)".

Strange (atleast to me) error messages were logged in conf/error_log
file when tried to access using HTTPS. Error message logged was
"Invalid method in request \200C^A^C ".

Even access_log showed "\200C^A^C" 501 - ".

Does any one know what could be the problem?

Any help in solving this is highly appreciated.

TIA
Sanjay R. Gogula

2. When will CLONE_THREAD be available in a thread package?

3. strange error messages in message log

4. image manager

5. My drive gets filled because of strange error msgs in error.log

6. How to create boot disk for solaris 2.6

7. Strange errors in /var/log/messages

8. mss-ldap, pam_ldap question

9. Strange SCSI error in /var/log/messages

10. strange sh errors in Apache error log

11. Kernel log message: mlx0: I/O error - irrecoverable data error

12. Strange error message, very strange ...

13. We are getting this error message /var/log/messages