chroot jail cgi & jserv under linux/apache

chroot jail cgi & jserv under linux/apache

Post by Hog Ride » Tue, 18 Jul 2000 04:00:00

I am running a service that includes several web sites each w/ its own
cgi-bin and/or servlet zone (jserv) running on linux/apache.  I'd like to be
able to let them load their own executables w/o me reviewing the source
first.  The cgi/servlets will run as nobody:nobody.  The only thing I can't
find documentation on is how to chroot jail them.

Any help greatly appreciated!

Rider

1. CGI and PHP scripts in a chroot jail

Hi all!

I was wondering what is the simplest way to get Apache to run CGI and PHP
scripts in a chroot jail, in the home directory of a user. I haven't seen
such an option (nor module) in the Apache configuration. I'm not terrified
by the vision of patching Apache myself, but I would still appreciate an
advice (or two) from somebody who has done this before :)
            thanx in advance,
            Filip

2. PICO on SCO 3.2.2, HELP!!

3. Apache in a chroot jail??

4. proxy server setup on freebsd

5. ftp & PAM chroot jail dir experts

6. x

7. ftp chroot jail dir & pam 1.0 /etc/pam.d/ftp file

8. AST FOURPORT strange startup message

9. Chroot jail & using capabilities to avoid root processes

10. Apache && CGI && uid || back to cern?

11. Solaris 2.6 Apache & Jserv & mod_rewrite question

12. Linux RedHat5.3, Apache 1.3.6 dbm_fetch & jserv error

13. Apache 1.3.0 chroot CGI patch