Apache 1.2b6 AddModule directive

Post by Scott Anthony Hamilt » Wed, 05 Feb 1997 04:00:00

I am attempting to use the AddModule directive for apache 1.2b6
to occassionally use some modules. (auth_module and status_module).

When compiling apache I used the following lines in src/Configuration
file:
        %Module auth_module         mod_auth.o
        %Module status_module        mod_status.o

In the httpd.conf file I use the the following lines to attempt to
have the server use these modules:
        AddModule status_module
        AddModule auth_module

I've also tried variations of the above. I get the following error
when attempting to start the server.
        Syntax error on line 37 of /packages/www/conf/httpd.conf:
        required module not found

Any ideas? Has any one been able to do this successfully?

tia

--
Scott Hamilton          |

1. Apache 2.0.35 AddModule

I just configured and compiled Apache Http Server v2.0.35 with
--enable-modules="mod_proxy mod_rewrite" (and a few others)
specified when I ran configure.  Once the compile and install was
complete, I expected to be able to use the "compiled in" modules.
However, the directive
RewriteEngine on
didn't work so I read the 2.0 documentation on AddModule
(http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/mod/core.html#addmodule) which seems
to indicate that I would also need to specify
AddModule mod_rewrite.c
AddModule mod_proxy.c
However, adding these directives yields a different error message
saying "invalid command 'AddModule' ..."

After some searching I found a couple of comments in various message
forums that seemed to indicate that AddModule has been removed from
Apache 2 in spite of the fact that it remains in the 2.0
documentation.  I found nothing official that says AddModule has been
removed but Apache 2.0 doesn't seem to know what to do with it so
maybe it has.

Anyway, the mod_rewrite directives still don't work so I'm assuming
something is still missing to enable mod_rewrite at runtime.  Does
anyone know how to configure Apache 2.0 to enable modules that have
been "compiled in?"

-R

2. SCO Group warns Linux users of IP violations -- USATODAY.com

3. Compiling apache on linux and AddModule

4. Q: about XConfig of Cannon notebook

5. Apache module order with AddModule

6. XF86 with Fixed-frequency monitors/cards?

7. Apache 1.2b6, security comments

8. USB problem

9. Apache 1.2b6 compiled but won't run

10. Apache 1.1.3/1.2b6 error 403 for / on Solaris 2.4x86

11. problems serving PDF under Apache 1.2b6

12. CGI posting with Apache 1.2b6

13. Apache 1.2b6 : Proxy access restriction question