CGI Script Forcing a SSL Connection...can this be done?

CGI Script Forcing a SSL Connection...can this be done?

Post by Ron Benne » Wed, 05 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Basically I have a normal static page where the user can enter various data on
a form including checking a box if they want to use encryption.

Then on the cgi generated page, if they chose to use encryption, the form link
is changed from http://... to https://... and they're prompted for their
password - this works fine, but the user can't easily tell if the data is going
to be sent securely since the lock still appears open in their browser because
the cgi generated page isn't secure, only the form link is.

Hope this all makes sense to you gurus out there :-;

Now what I want to do is make it so my script will force the user from an
unsecure connection to a secure connection when a person chooses encryption and
send the entire CGI generated page via SSL. Can this done??

Thank in advance for any help!!

Ron Bennett