Q: Using Java Servlets (Apache jserv_mod) with Java RMI

Q: Using Java Servlets (Apache jserv_mod) with Java RMI

Post by Shane Owen » Wed, 25 Nov 1998 04:00:00

Quote:>I expect that I could write a Servlet which uses the
>existing RMI interface to talk to the existing server,
>but is it possible to convert my existing java server
>into a Servlet and run it inside the same JVM?

Take a look at some Manuals for the Servlet API...
I know a copy is located at the bottom of:
http://www.software.ibm.com/webservers/appserv/library.html

Shane

In the systems being developed here, everything is coded in Java. There
are about 100 Java applications each running its own virtual machine.

I'm supposed to work with test and performance analysis of these systems
and I'm using tools that log system behaviour on process level.

The problem is that all I see is 100 processes named Java with some
small variations in command line parameters.

Is there a safe way to alter the process names either at startup or at
runtime ?
What could be the consequences of doing such a thing ?

//Hans Hagberg

2. Shared memory problem

3. Using Java Servlets w/Apache

4. Problems Setting Up a System As a SLIP Server

5. Apache JServ and servlet using non-public classes within the same .java file

6. DOSEMU & lredir???

7. Apache Jserv / java servlets under FreeBSD Apache

8. ApacheSSL Test Certificates

9. java/50729: java/jdk14: broken java.net.NetworkInterface calls

10. java/47447: linux-sun-jdk1.4.1: java command can't find java.lang.Object

11. jserv for apache : JServUtils.java:66: Class javax.servlet.http.Cookie not found in import.

12. Do Java Servlets Have to Be Under Apache's ServerRoot?