1. On AIX 4.3.3: User password expiry does not work for NISPLUS users.
We have setup an AIX 4.3.3 box as a NIS+ server and want to hang a
number of AIX 4.3.3 NIS+ clients from it. Authentication is working via
Login of NIS+ users on both clients and servers does not recognise the
password expiry fields in the NIS+ passwd.org_dir table. This is true
for all methods of login, including dtlogin, telnet, rlogin, login and
NIS+ user authentication itself is functioning correctly and the
"nisdefaults" correctly shows that valid principle credentials have been
The /etc/security/user file's default stanza contains:
The /usr/lib/security/methods.cfg contains the bos.net.nisplus provided
Running "dtlogin -debug 3" shows that the system call "passwdexired()"
returns return code 0, indicating that the password has NOT expired when
the following user shadow entry contains:
The passwd lastchg field of 11000 is much older than the specified
MAXAGE of 30 days and as such should be expiring the password.
Testing has shown that the MINAGE field of the shadow column is also
However the Account Expire Date field in passwd.org_dir is being
We have a specific requirement for NIS+ account password expiry.
AIX oslevel = 18.104.22.168
bos.net.nisplus = 22.214.171.124
The latest AIX update CD (04/2000) has been applied. The workaround for
IY11461 re the /etc/security/user registry=NISPLUS has been implemented,
Can anybody please shed some light on this, perhaps explain why this is
happening? - am I doing something wrong etc?
Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.
2. What kernel in Debian 2.1?
3. Sendmail help - alias works for install-created users, does not for new users.
4. PPP error
5. Keyboard works in Single-user mode, not in multi-user
6. Linux Advocacy Required
7. Keyboard works in single-user mode; not in multi-user
8. Multicasting on 2 NICs
9. Help Please: ~user directory for Apache not working.
10. ~user finds ~user/, but doesn't change directory
11. PROFTPD: Some users cannot upload files, some users cannot get directory listing
12. automatic umount user home directory when user logout
13. 403 Forbidden - when i try to go to a user directory (~user) in Apache