CGIWRAP experts?

Post by Nathan Neuling » Mon, 08 Apr 1996 05:00:00

>I just installed cgiwrap and am getting the error msg ->

>CGIwrap Error: Real UID does not match CONF_HTTPD_USER.

><-

>any ideas on how to fix this?

Yep, you need to re-run the configure script and make sure that the userid
that is specified in the configuration script is the same as the userid
that the web server is running as. (Not root, the one that all the
children run as)

That error is indicating that someone who is not the webserver is trying
to run cgiwrap - this is to protect scripts from being compromised by
phoney paths, etc. (This has been in the cgiwrap code for a long time.)

-- Nathan (the author)

Nathan Neulinger                  Univ. of Missouri - Rolla

WWW: http://www.umr.edu/~nneul      SysAdmin: rollanet.org

CGIWRAP experts?

Post by Paul Donnel » Tue, 09 Apr 1996 04:00:00

I just installed cgiwrap and am getting the error msg ->

CGIwrap Error: Real UID does not match CONF_HTTPD_USER.

<-

any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks - Paul

CGIWRAP experts?

Post by Ralf S. Engelscha » Wed, 10 Apr 1996 04:00:00

Quote:> I just installed cgiwrap and am getting the error msg ->
> CGIwrap Error: Real UID does not match CONF_HTTPD_USER.
> any ideas on how to fix this?

As it says: The variable CONF_HTTPD_USER in CGIwrap does not match the real
UID of your daemon, usually "nobody".  You have to set CONF_HTTPD_USER to the
UID under which your server runs or at least executes CGI scripts.

Greetings,
--

                                        Ralf S. Engelschall

                                        http://www.muc.de/~rse

1. Vacatures voor een Platform Expert CSIRT en een Expert NIDS

Philips zoekt twee experts op het gebied van internet-beveiliging.

Iets voor jou? Kijk op:
http://www.careers.philips.com/Client40_Philips/BU1/External_Pages/Jo...

selecteer als country: Netherlands

selecteer als city: Eindhoven

selecteer als area of interest:  Information Systems/Technology

selecteer als keyword search CSIRT voor de Platform Expert CSIRT(6250)
en NIDS voor de Expert NIDS (6253).

Olaf Otten
Recruiter OIM
Eindhoven

2. ssh X11 tunneling setup

3. Problems With X Windows and ATI Expert Expert 98 (Rage Pro) on Red Hat 5.1

4. SlacWare Install

5. cgiwrap in tomcat ?

6. And chance of TV-Out?

7. mod_rewrite and cgiwrap

8. SoundBlaster 128PCI, RedHat 6.0 and MIDI music - long

9. CGIWrap for Apache?

10. CGIWRAP 3.5 / public_html/cgi-bin????

11. CGIwrap 2.6 is available - fixes cmd line argument passing

12. CGIWrap install problems...help

13. CGIwrap 3.3 now available